Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
nice guy
315 Posts
unless you are twenty yeared like, ahhahhahahahhahahhaha.....you have to pass emissions, but you also have to have the stock motor to really be legal.

·
Street-Cruiser
521 Posts
Let me know what you do to your car if you're thinking of having to much HP and make it illegal :D

·
Street-Cruiser
521 Posts
haha, I'm sure yours isn't illegal because you have to much hp, just some emissions or something else maybe? By the way, how much hp do you have and how much boost are you running?

·
Street-Cruiser
521 Posts
You guys are all unlucky. As of now in Tennessee, nobody has to pass emissions :D although I believe that they passed a new law about it that will go into effect sometime.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
5,947 Posts
California is coming out with these crazy things that are like the red light cameras.... but for illigal cars. It measures the pollution coming from the car as you sit at a light or some shit.... is that even legal???

·
Street-Cruiser
521 Posts
Holy shit, that sucks if it is legal. For everyone's sake in California, I hope it's not legal or it doesn't work. Probably will take them a while to perfect it though if they do try and use them.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Camry LE
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking of getting a supra actually...
I think the one I want is an MKIV or something...
Just making sure cause I don't wanna ebay like a 1000hp supra and not be able to drive it :D

btw thanks for your help guys

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
5,553 Posts
wow i can do what ever i want to my car here cause there is no emissions:p:
yeah cali sucks but that's where evrything is:rolleyes:

anything is street legal as long as it has seat belts turn signals hazards brake lights running lights and bumpers...did i get everything?

·
Sold out for a Max
1,790 Posts
As far as street racing, Cali has to be the most strict. You would be amazed at how many laws that have against aftermarket stuff on you car, ride heights, light angles, etc. As far as HP. Its not the amount of hp you should be worried about. It's what you're using to get that hp. Half of the turbo kits and and stuff used to get high hp is illegal.

·
Street-Cruiser
521 Posts
yeah, California laws suck. here you don't have to worry about any mods, almost everything is legal.... so I don't think there's any way of being illegal because of too much hp or mods, only mod i know of here that is illegal is a "modified exhaust", but an aftermarket exhaust does not count as modified:rolleyes: Make all the HP you can and screw emissions!:lol:

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
497 Posts
You guys are all unlucky. As of now in Tennessee, nobody has to pass emissions although I believe that they passed a new law about it that will go into effect sometime.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Knox County passed an increase in the wheel tax, which is now going to be on our November ballot. I vote no on that cause it's for a combination bus terminal/library :)whatthe:). I wouldn't mind the tax if it would be used to require emissions testing on vehicles, especially the 84 Civic with the rice pipe that can be heard a mile away....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.