Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2013 Toyota Avalon from a friend who didn't like it (hah! what a fool!)

Anyways, it's sitting in my parking lot right now and I don't have any insurance for it.

What do you guys recommend me getting?

I won't be driving the car that much as its my second vehicle, and I'm a single male, yet I do live in quite a dangerous area. It will probably just be parked in my garage most of the time.

I'm checking out motortrend.com and they say it will be about $1000+ a year in premiums to drive. Anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model X
945 Posts
Really can't offer you much. I'm paying about $650 per year to Farmers to insure both my 2013 Avalon and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler.

I think in every case your location makes a huge difference. Also your age and driving history. I'd be paying a lot more if I hadn't moved to Ohio from the Washington DC suburbs.

My advice is to pick out 4 or 5 companies you'd be comfortable with and get on the phone and get quotes. Decide what deductables you're comfortable with. I went shopping this way and found several hundred dollars difference between companies' quotes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really can't offer you much. I'm paying about $650 per year to Farmers to insure both my 2013 Avalon and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler.

I think in every case your location makes a huge difference. Also your age and driving history. I'd be paying a lot more if I hadn't moved to Ohio from the Washington DC suburbs.

My advice is to pick out 4 or 5 companies you'd be comfortable with and get on the phone and get quotes. Decide what deductables you're comfortable with. I went shopping this way and found several hundred dollars difference between companies' quotes.
Thanks Nilnoc.
I'm getting quotes as we speak. Farmers seems good. As does State Farm. I will report back later with the quotes. Got my work cut out for me, lol:thanks:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been going around getting quotes for the past hour or so.

The cheapest is from http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com at $65/month. The only problem is that the company seems (for lack of a better word) shady.

The cheapest from the big, reliable guys is http://www.statefarm.com ... they got me at $73 a month. Not too shabby.

Farmers is actually kind of expensive (or at least their quote is), so I might have to steer clear of them this time.

So far, however, State Farm is the winner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't buy insurance just based on monthly payments. You want to be able to contact your insurance agent when things go south and want them to take care of you. Look over your policy good and make sure it's how you want it.
My policy went down about $150/yr on my TAL (gas) after trading in my 2009 Lexus ES.

I love the Lexus brand, but my wife just traded in her '04 Lexus RX for a '13 Jag, and the premium only went up about $150/yr. That tells me you pay a premium to insure a Lexus vehicle.

I agree about the agent. My agent (Farmers) and I play cards once a week and it's great to be able to pick his brain if I have questions.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Strange thread...all about prices, and nothing about what you get for the price. Deductible, liability limits? Once you're older than 18 you need to worry about more than just getting an insurance card.

·
Registered
2021 Avalon Limited Hybrid
146 Posts
I get home and auto insurance from Wadena (Des Moines, IA) and pay $415/yr for the TAH Limited on multi-car policy. I feel blessed to have an independent insurance agent who has taken great care of my family for about 30 years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Insurance Rates - where you live

I just got my renewal insurance policy for my 2013 Avalon. $980. a year, 500/100 coverage with $1,000 deductible. Over 65, Good credit. I think a lot has to do where you live...I am in California. Sounds like all of you have very good insurance premiums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.