Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all;

I have a gen 2 and i'm contemplating upgrading to a gen 3 prominent, but first i wanted to know how the aftermarket support was, nothing heavy, just the like lowering ride height and stuff.

i know you guys didn't get these camrys in the us. but perhaps you may still know more than i do.

i did a little researching and i saw that the strut mounts used between the sv30 and vzv30 series camrys were the same, which i took to mean that lowering springs / coilovers would work between the two.

BUT! when i search ebay, i see that lowering springs sell for the v6 differently from the 4cyl models, i wanted to know if anyone would know what's could be the difference?

thanks.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
The US gen 3 camry was the sxv10/mcv10/vcv10. Take a look here... I'm not sure which chassis code you're looking into getting. If you click on the color names, you can see pictures of the cars. :) http://www.toyotareference.com/camry#CA92

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wouldn't find the model i'm looking for there. those are mostly usdm toyotas. i'm in jamaica, and we have mostly jdm toyotas here.

i love the styling of the prominent. it sorta resembles a toyota windom or the lexus es300, but with a more subtle look.

anyway, the model is not so much what i wanted to know nor is the us or jap market, but more so if there is a difference between 4cyl and 6-banger struts/springs since they sell them differently.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I just wanted to confirm what youre looking for. :) Anyways, for the US models of camry/es300/windom/etc the v6 struts and springs ARE different depending on the engine. However, after market parts are sometimes interhcangable between engines. IE- my old 4cyl camry's upgraded H&R lowering springs and shocks also could be used on V6 model camrys. It just depeneds. I'd assume the JDM models are similar.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot man. i'm thinking i should switch to a gen 3 right about now. even the response in your forum is much quicker lol. thanks again.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
No problem! Be sure to take a look around some information sites like toyodiy.com for part numbers. Maybe you can cross reference them for upgraded aftermarket bits. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's exactly where i did my reference between the two strut mounts and steering knuckles, they both carry the same part numbers for the 4cyl and the v6 jdm models. i also read around different sites gathering as much as i could.

thanks again man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts