Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Toyota Prius 2 which is not our first Toyota. It IS, however, the first Yota with the new windshield wiper design with the push-in and clip design. (I've never seen it before) The factory ones weren't working good, anymore so I just replaced them with ones that said they fit. NOPE....was driving through a rainstorm and one just came completely off. (Thankfully, I put the old ones under the drivers' seat so was able to pop that on and continue driving.)

So do we have to go to the dealership to replace our wipers??? How have y'all replaced yours?

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
No experience with a 2017 Prius, but I have found, during the past decade, that OEM replacements work best...in Honda, Ford, GM, Toyota, VW/Audi. They all seem to have their own proprietary designs. They're not as inexpensive as aftermarket, but...they always fit, and last as long as, or longer, than aftermarket. Also, it's easier to resolve any issues if they don't function properly.
I'm also a firm believer in supporting GOOD dealerships (not ALL!), as their parts/service income keeps them in business.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, Pianewman, most Toyota dealerships are GREAT but there are a few crappy ones. I did happen to visit my parts department and learned a few things....yes, the new wiper design is not popular BUT Toyota did make the rubber blades replaceable...they are just under $10 each. So I got a pair and will be replacing those. (He showed me how to do it...it doesn't just slide off but you have to work it all down to one side enough to pop off the end, then slide it off....installing the new one was the opposite.) He did tell me not all Toyota blades are replaceable, like my Tundra...I need to buy the whole part. (But, unlike the Prius, aftermarket blades will fit.) Oh, the part numbers for the 2017 Prius 2 blades are Driver: 85222-47130 and Pass: 85212-47130.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts