Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
957 Posts
im on my 4th black car and while i love the color, it doesn't age well with time or weather.
i have yet to have a car without swirls in the clearcoat, driving through wet roads will turn the car ash white even if it stopped raining.

my green (bronze) colored camry is probably the best for people who never wash it.
it can hide weeks of rain with out showing less than 1 foot away :lol:

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,534 Posts
I only ever buy tan cars or trucks now.

Had 1 black car, never again.

You like washing cars then buy black, if you don't then buy tan.

I am in the "don't" column
:lol: my mom likes her beige Camry because it doesn't show dirt. She's leaning toward silver for her next car though. I wash our cars weekly but I still would never buy black. Looks classy but as it's already been mentioned, it doesn't age well, gets burning hot, and shows all the imperfections.

Silver all the way for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had a 1987 Toyota Corolla that was silver. I replaced it with the 1997 Toyota Camry which is white. Well, it's now 2014 and white is in vogue for all cars.

Silver is the best choice I have had in my limited experience. It doesn't show the dirt or other imperfections as much. The White Camry is the absolute worst as far as showing every little speck of dirt and every little imperfection.

I think that the color extremes black or white will tend to show the most dirt and imperfections.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Normally I prefer White, or a light-colored non-metallic color, like Ivory, as they stay cooler in the hot sun, are often easier to find matching touch-up paint, and are usually less likely to deteriorate like some of the metallic colors.
But three years ago I acquired a free, fixer '96 LE from a friend so I wasn't going to whine about the paint. I've become quite fond of the dark-red/burgundy color. Even though it does get hotter in the sun, the original paint has miraculously survived in good shape, except for some nicks & scratches, and I found an almost perfect matching touch-up spray-paint at Pep-Boys - Dupli-Color Perfect-Match EBFM03770/BFM0377 Merlot Metallic. I think it's a Ford color. I used it to match-paint a replacement driver's door-handle and it looks like the original.
I've seen only a few Gen-4s in this color, including a gorgeous Gen-4 wagon posted on this forum from somewhere 'Down-Under'.

Happy Motoring, Mark

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,534 Posts
I'm keeping an eye out for a used Corolla or Camry, and the person doesn't want a metallic color. He prefers white so it "fades more evenly" I guess because he doesn't wash his car. One of my aunts has a '10 Corolla bought new, in white, and it looks dull already.

I have to say though, I do like the two toned gen 4.5 Camry. Pearl white and silver. With the shiny alloy rims.. Definitely something I would drive!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Prevoiusly, my white cars were daily-driver/work-vehicles and the paint wasn't in great shape anyway. So, as long as they weren't rusting, I didn't really care.
I have noticed that after awhile, the white and ivory colors of my other vehicles do motivate me to wash them when I can't stand to look at the dirt & mildew anymore!

Happy Motoring, Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.