Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the tint laws in your state/country?

Washington, DC
Fronts - 70%
Rear - 50%
This is in how much light should be visible. So, 70% is really not all that dark :disappoin

I'm still tinting it though!
Any DC people who got a reputable tinter?
Self-tinting... meh... I dunno... :rolleyes:

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen plenty of f'ed-up DIY-ers.. Specifically the Honduhs.... Bubbles galore. I wonder what it looks like inside the car? Does it feel like its underwater?? :)

Yeah, I mean, on one end, you save cash but on the other it has no warranty and it's not pro installed. So, I dunno.. I guess I COULD experiment and just throw 50 bucks away for f'ed up film but.. ehhh... money is money.. so.. I dunno...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
go to LaTint, I think they also have a store in alexandria,sterling,manassas, they are not cheap but do excellent work, I went to their woodbridge location

latint.com

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
for those who are interested - what's their pricing on 4 doors and the back? with/without visor?

the place i went is up here in MD...White Marsh area, to be exact. they did everything legal dark...and on my red car, it's DARK. i think it was like $180 for all of it, with optional visor...and they're a reputable company. D&L Tinting in White Marsh...probably one of the most reputable in the area.

oh yeah...legal tint in MD is 35%

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
rears can be as dark as you want. Fronts, no aftermarket tint-film, only factory tints are legal. Welcome to europe :rolleyes:

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
maggotdecay said:
In missouri I believe it's 35% side and rear. But the local shop only carries 30% and 40% which I think is odd.
i like in STL, went to tint crafters and got 20% all around, could have done 15, probably would do 5 if i asked, you got the $$$, they will put whatever you want on, they are just not liable

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
There are no regulations for tinted windows here :D

My car has:
5% on the sides
30% photocromatic (gets darker or lighter acording to lighting conditions)
5% stripe on the upper part of the windshield.

Some people here have film as dark as 5% on the windshield, don't ask me how they can drive at night or under heavy rain, I've problems looking out the side windows under these conditions so there people must be really stupid or have a 60/20 sight

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Here in Belize you can go as low as 3% on any window and they don't care.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Flashmn said:
rears can be as dark as you want. Fronts, no aftermarket tint-film, only factory tints are legal. Welcome to europe :rolleyes:
Welcome to California too!:D

·
On The Street
268 Posts
^ Here in Vegas Too. alot of like tricked out hondas have thier Windshield tinted really dark and different colors. i got 3% on my cam.

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn.. 3 and 5% ??? How the hell can you drive like that with that mess on the windsheild? I dunno what the tint law is for El Salvador, but it ain't to far off from Icarocha. They don't care.

In Washington, DC, on the other, they care too damn much. MD... Lemme see what my books says..... 35% tint all around and you can have up to 5 inches tinted from the top of the windshield. Although, you guys have a limit of having your bumper be at 20 inches from the ground.

In DC, you can pretty much drag on the ground. :lol: We don't even have any light laws. You can make your lights all types of crazy a$$ colors. For this, I did RE-CHECK with a cop and he said "yeah, it's true.. Inspection MAY ask you to take it off though..."

DC, your lights can be the rainbow but your tints better be visible and REALLLLLLLYYYYYY light.. :mad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
ANyone know the tint law in canada? i believe we hav none.......or should i say...we have one..but it's almost at the discretion of law enforcers.
correct me if i'm wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts