Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at changing the wheels on my car but I can’t find any wheels with 5x100 stud pattern that I like. I’m wanting to change the stud pattern with a adapter/spacer. I have a 91 Camry and want 15mm spacers, what spacers has other people used.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry LE 2.4
373 Posts
I’m looking at changing the wheels on my car but I can’t find any wheels with 5x100 stud pattern that I like. I’m wanting to change the stud pattern with a adapter/spacer. I have a 91 Camry and want 15mm spacers, what spacers has other people used.
A wheel adapter needs to be roughly 1/2" thick. It has to be thick enough to stick out past the 5x100 lug nuts to give a flat surface for the wheel to mount to with the newly adapted wheel pattern. Even the highest offset and skinniest wheel you could find would stick out far past the fenders.

I can think of only two reasonable options assuming they are even possible.

1. Replace your wheel hubs. Maybe there are other ones from another trim level or vehicle that will fit that have a different lug pattern.

2. Replace the front and rear knuckles with other ones that will fit and have another pattern.

It will surely take some research, but Ford's parts catalog might just have a bolt up answer for you.

Oh, just hit me, option three is some companies will custom drill wheels to fit whatever pattern you want, but these will be expensive. Like 6 or 7 hundred per wheel expensive.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,159 Posts
Subaru 5x100 wheels (meaning wheels meant to fit a Subaru) with a 10mm spacer on the front and 20-25mm on the rear should work out well, You'll also need to get appropriate centering rings.

I've always been partial to Enkei RPF1's, so it was easy:

(17x7.5, 48 offset with 10mm front spacer, rear suspension is swapped from a Celica GT4, but acts like a 25mm or so spacer)

-Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts