Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spanky!
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried to put these on their truck? Not a spacer, an actual adapter. Wouldnt this be much safer than a spacer? Would it help the alignment and balancing issue? The reason im asking this is because i have 285's on the stock wheels and hate the stupid spacers. Its hard to get everything balanced and its just unsafe. Here is a link if anyone doesnt know what im talking about. http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_6_Lug_5_5_To_6_Lug_5_5_p/6550-6550t.htm
 

·
Trevor
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
The only ones I would even think about would be the ones made by spidertrax. I just don't trust those thin spacers or those cheaper China made adapters with the substandard lugs. The spidertrax spacers are hub and lug centric so they give you a perfect fit and you can feel confident that your wheel isn't going to fly off from sheared lugs.
http://www.spidertrax.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1252/.f
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I ran those on my 04 for a long time. I only had balancing issues when I had the 1.5" ones and them went to 1" and had no issues. Just make sure you torque them down like you would any wheel (85 lbs)
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
I am leaning toward the spidertrax 1" spacers with my stock rims... but I am still gonna run the 265/75/16, I just want to wider stance.
 

·
Spanky!
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Adventure North said:
The only ones I would even think about would be the ones made by spidertrax. I just don't trust those thin spacers or those cheaper China made adapters with the substandard lugs. The spidertrax spacers are hub and lug centric so they give you a perfect fit and you can feel confident that your wheel isn't going to fly off from sheared lugs.
http://www.spidertrax.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1252/.f
thanx for the link to those^.

pointerdixie you said you were leaning towards 1" spidertrax, i only saw the 1.25". im leaning towards just an inch also. but i didnt see em on their website.

the only thing im wondering is if i should put some on the back to make it even because that might be noticeable with just the front tires sticking out....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
I am leaning toward the spidertrax 1" spacers with my stock rims... but I am still gonna run the 265/75/16, I just want to wider stance.
I'm new to this but can i add a spacer strictly to get the tires/wheels out a bit wider? or is there some other reason why people add them? I have no rubbing problems with new 18" 4-runner rims with 275/65 revos but i think it would look a little better having them out an inch further. Also are these easy to install?
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Jason- yes you can...

Hyperlite- I was thinking about another brand just like the spidertrax that seels a 1" model... for some reason the name has slipped my mind, but you can find them if you search... or I will do it later and post since I know where it was...
 

·
Trevor
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
Marlins differ from Spidertrax. The Marlins are only lug centric, the Spidertrax have a lip that makes them both lug and hub centric. Also the spidertrax units are anodized. I personally wouldn't use spacers if you don't have to, not even spidertrax. Only reason to use them would be to help with fitment issues with tires or chains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
Jason- yes you can...

Hyperlite- I was thinking about another brand just like the spidertrax that seels a 1" model... for some reason the name has slipped my mind, but you can find them if you search... or I will do it later and post since I know where it was...
does a 1" spacer translate to exactly 1" more width? is that what you'd recommend or something wider?

AdventureNorth: what do you see is the downfall to using them? if it's really not good for the truck then i'll just leave mine as is
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
A 1 inch spacers translates to removing one inch of backspacing on your rims... would would give your factory rims 4.25" backspacing as opposed to 5.25"... this will make the rims stick out more. The down side to this is that it puts added stress on lower ball joints and bearings and what not...

I keep going back and forth on these, so I will probably not do them... just get bigger tires for now and maybe rims down the road...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top