Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all, I work in the wheel and tire business, I've see a few post asking what will fit on ones car, here is a safe fitment guide and data for all models 2018/2019. If you have a "strange or weird or crazy" fitment you would like to try please ask.

POPULAR FITMENTS:
16X7.0 38 OFFSET W/ 215/60-16 TIRES
17 X 7.0 38 OFFSET W/ 215/55-17 TIRES
18 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/45-18 TIRES
19 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/40-19 TIRES
20 X 8.0 45 OFFSET W/ 235/35-20 TIRES
MAX WHEEL WIDTH: 8.5 IN
MAX TIRE HEIGHT: 26.56 IN
MAX TIRE WIDTH : 255MM
WIDTH OFFSET
6.5 +04/+65
7.0 +10/+60
7.5 +16/+54
8.0 +23/+48
8.5 +29/+41
**THE MINIMUM OFFSETS SHOWN ABOVE ARE FLUSH WITH THE
OUTER FENDER LIP. USING OFFSETS LOWER WILL PUT THE
FACE OF THE WHEEL OUTSIDE OF THE FENDER AND COULD
CAUSE RUBBING. **

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for putting all this together. This is gold info!
Could you add the inflation PSI per combination?
And the torque spec for the wheel nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure ...that's easy torque is 80 ft lbs across the all levels

As for air pressure any load index's that are 94 and 95 , set air at 35 psi cold, (add 3psi when hot)
Load index of 92 or 93 set air at 37 psi cold

Be sure to use E/T lugs on aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
84 Posts
**THE MINIMUM OFFSETS SHOWN ABOVE ARE FLUSH WITH THE
OUTER FENDER LIP. USING OFFSETS LOWER WILL PUT THE
FACE OF THE WHEEL OUTSIDE OF THE FENDER AND COULD
CAUSE RUBBING. **

I've got an offset of +30 which i thought would protrude more than it is...but it fits fairly flush and rubs when hitting pretty deep dips but other than that, it fits fairly well...

·
Registered
84 Posts
As for air pressure any load index's that are 94 and 95 , set air at 35 psi cold, (add 3psi when hot)
sorry, could you please explain this...i was wondering what a good psi for my setup would be...i just generally kept them 5-10 psi below the max of 50...so around 40-45 psi...i finally noticed that whenever i had new tires mounted/TPMS installed...they were always filled to around 35 from the tire shop...

**also, would it make a difference to lessen the pressure for my rears since i'm not running a camber kit yet as it sits at -2. the front was nearly 0'd out so im good there!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, could you please explain this...i was wondering what a good psi for my setup would be...i just generally kept them 5-10 psi below the max of 50...so around 40-45 psi...i finally noticed that whenever i had new tires mounted/TPMS installed...they were always filled to around 35 from the tire shop...

**also, would it make a difference to lessen the pressure for my rears since i'm not running a camber kit yet as it sits at -2. the front was nearly 0'd out so im good there!!
33 to 36 is best. Running psi so high will only wear out the middle of tire. When driving tire get hot and so does air inside tire so therefore,it will expand , so if you set at 40 after 20 mins of driving ( especially in summertime) tire pressure will be almost at 50 psi or more. So when you should be driving around on 6 square inches of rubber your actually driving on 3 or 4 inches, and will wear out middle of tire. Also no need to have staggered pressure, we are not drive g the nascar version of the camry( I wish)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yanick Bé️langer;14014044 said:
Hi, I found a nice crazy set of 20x9 30ET and I was going for 255/35/20 ... I'm I crazy? Is it possible that it fits ?
It can work.....its alittle crazy....gonna need to do a little "fender modifications" and your over max height. Plus tire is like a rubber band , not very comfortable ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just know I’ve got to start looking into Steeleys and snows for next winter. What’s the sizing for a not so. Wallet raping winter tire for these things? These ultra low rubber band tires are a new thing for me and I’m already dreading having to buy tires.
I like the handling but I’ve got to say that ground hugging stance cars have taken to recently really does pose problems for us Northerners. What’s the size span that will fit these models and hopefully jack them up some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Liquid metal make a steel wheel for this Camry called "ATOM" 16 x 6.5 , part number is 201-6665b
then go 215-60-16 and snow tires start at like 85 bucks and higher

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great, thanks for the snow tire info. That will save me a pile of digging around come Fall. I hope to lift it enough with the high profile tires that it doesn’t drag the base in the snow so bad .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great, thanks for the snow tire info. That will save me a pile of digging around come Fall. I hope to lift it enough with the high profile tires that it doesn’t drag the base in the snow so bad .

A further dumb question on the 18 sxe. Will that cars fenders clear a 70 series 16” tire? I know it will look dumb and handle like but up here if you drive it hard in the winter you’ll end up in the ditch anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No sorry a 70 series would not work. The smallest would be a 205 / 70 / 16 ....thats the same size as a honda CR V . way too big

·
Registered
92 Posts
No sorry a 70 series would not work. The smallest would be a 205 / 70 / 16 ....thats the same size as a honda CR V . way too big

Ahhh, so the biggest will be that 215 65 16 you mention on that table earlier, is that it?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think the guide needs to be converted from geek talk (e.g. "offsets" refers to what?) to plain english so that owners can figure out practical things like:

Are the factory original wheel and tire sizes the 2018-19 Camrys came with (16", 17", 18" and 19") fully interchangable between the L, LE, SE and XSE models? Or would some such swaps cause serious problems such as odd and perhaps dangerous brake and steering troubles?

Or is the sole purpose of the guide to let the owner know whether certain wheel and tire sizes would cause fender clearance issues?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts