Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was actually looking into this and just bought some tires for my 20X9.5 with 38 offset. they originally had 225/45r20 and after looking into fitment, I decided of the 245/35R20. which sets it up 1.6 inches taller than original tires. hopefully they fit within fender wells. thought about lowering it 1.2 inches and getting a wind splitter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think the guide needs to be converted from geek talk (e.g. "offsets" refers to what?) to plain english so that owners can figure out practical things like:

Are the factory original wheel and tire sizes the 2018-19 Camrys came with (16", 17", 18" and 19") fully interchangable between the L, LE, SE and XSE models? Or would some such swaps cause serious problems such as odd and perhaps dangerous brake and steering troubles?

Or is the sole purpose of the guide to let the owner know whether certain wheel and tire sizes would cause fender clearance issues?[/QUOTE

O.K. here is the book definition... or in human talk you can think of it like a dude with a beer belly..... ; /

Positive is like a normal stomach...just under fender like OEM
Zero like a 8 pack....flush with fender
Negative is like a beer belly...way past the fender and stick out

POSITIVE OFFSET
The mounting surface extends past the wheel’s centerline, closer to the face of the wheel. Many factory rims have this offset type.

ZERO OFFSET
The mounting surface is centered within the rim, aligned with the wheel’s centerline.

NEGATIVE OFFSET
The mounting surface sits before the wheel’s centerline, closer to the back of the wheel and the car’s suspension system.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry didn't answer other question ... yes all wheels from all lines will fit on models with no safety concerns in any way .. you could even put on Avalon wheels if you liked them, but its cheaper to buy aftermarket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One more question. I'm considering between these 2 sets of wheel, which one is going to be fit like "8pack"? (I have 2018 Camry xse) .
A. 19x8.5...35mm offset
B. 19x8...45mm offset
I plan to use the same tire I currently have which is 235/40R19

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
One more question. I'm considering between these 2 sets of wheel, which one is going to be fit like "8pack"? (I have 2018 Camry xse) .
A. 19x8.5...35mm offset
B. 19x8...45mm offset
I plan to use the same tire I currently have which is 235/40R19
Ok so you have a 19x8 50 mm offset OEM....
19X8 45 mm will put wheel inside fender by 5 mm. So basically. Less than or the same as you have ...the 19x8.5 35 mm will push out flush with fender. Remember 27 mm to the inch So you add 1/2 inch to width of wheel ( So 13 mm) but you tool 10 mm from offset So you gained 3 or 4 mm So that would be better option and in future when you need tires go to a 255 40 19 size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so you have a 19x8 50 mm offset OEM....
19X8 45 mm will put wheel inside fender by 5 mm. So basically. Less than or the same as you have ...the 19x8.5 35 mm will push out flush with fender. Remember 27 mm to the inch So you add 1/2 inch to width of wheel ( So 13 mm) but you tool 10 mm from offset So you gained 3 or 4 mm So that would be better option and in future when you need tires go to a 255 40 19 size.
Can you really run a 255 40 19 without problems?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Can you really run a 255 40 19 without problems?
Yes .....Kind of, max tire height for car (remember no lowering allowed) is 26.56 inchs,(give or take a bout 1-2% ) so a 255-40-19 is 27.03 inches, its less than 1/2 inch. at first there could be a small rub or maybe a little mod is needed. The other thing you might see is that some tires are bigger than what they are stated, Michelin is well know for this they are almost always about 3% bigger than the actual math of the size

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 19 XSE with the 19s. I’m looking to get a higher sidewalk and/or smaller rims to improve the ride and lessen the chances of damaging the rim. What’s the highest sidewall I can go with on the stock 19s? I already damaged one rim in DTLA.

Or I was thinking about getting some cheap 18 x 8 wheels with a +35 offset. What tire size would you recommend? I want to go larger with the sidewall and have more cushion. And what’s about those who have gone with aftermarket wheels, does the hub bore size matter? Most aftermarket wheels are much larger so it can fit more vehicles. Is our car hub or lug centric?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a 19 XSE with the 19s. I’m looking to get a higher sidewalk and/or smaller rims to improve the ride and lessen the chances of damaging the rim. What’s the highest sidewall I can go with on the stock 19s? I already damaged one rim in DTLA.

Or I was thinking about getting some cheap 18 x 8 wheels with a +35 offset. What tire size would you recommend? I want to go larger with the sidewall and have more cushion. And what’s about those who have gone with aftermarket wheels, does the hub bore size matter? Most aftermarket wheels are much larger so it can fit more vehicles. Is our car hub or lug centric?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
OK.. You are already max height with 235-40-19, you can't go 235-45-19 b/c it's almost a full inch taller, too big..18 might be the best option. BUT..... a 235-45-18 is taller than the 235-40-19 but its like 0.9 of an inch. You could test fit a 225-50-18 but you would lose width and its over max height ( not by much).
The car is Hub centric...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey thanks for putting together this thread. Was wondering if 18x8 with +45 offset would fit if I swapped the stock tires on? I have an XLE so I think tires are P235/45R18. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey thanks for putting together this thread. Was wondering if 18x8 with +45 offset would fit if I swapped the stock tires on? I have an XLE so I think tires are P235/45R18. Thanks in advance
Yes, good fitment and it will push wheel flush with fenders. What kind of wheel you looking at ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello I just picked up some rohana RC10 19x8.5 +35 Front 19x9.5 +40 Rear.
I also just picked up some D2 Air struts and 3P air management system.
What tire size should i have on my wheels to be able to air all the way down?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got an offset of +30 which i thought would protrude more than it is...but it fits fairly flush and rubs when hitting pretty deep dips but other than that, it fits fairly well...

Are you running 19s also? I plan on running the stock tires 225/40/19. The rims are 19x8.5 +30. If you have minimal rubbing only on deep dips, Im pretty sure these will fit. Is your car lowered?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are you running 19s also? I plan on running the stock tires 225/40/19. The rims are 19x8.5 +30. If you have minimal rubbing only on deep dips, Im pretty sure these will fit. Is your car lowered?

Is it 225? Or 235?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts

Weird that when I was browsing tires on tirerack they said it was 235/40/19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 67 Posts