Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello everyone, about tire size 235/55/17 somebody could help sharing experience with this tire size?
Bro that sidewall is way too big, it’ll throw off everything including the speedometer and voiding your warranty most likely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts
Hello everyone, about tire size 235/55/17 somebody could help sharing experience with this tire size?
You already asked this in another thread. What are you expecting, a different answer? Even if you do get someone to say "yeah, it's a good idea, do it". What are you going to do? Just do it?

To get back to your question. Whatever reason you want that 1" lift, do it right, get taller springs / shocks to match. This adjusts the height of the chassis / body, and keeps the rolling components at their design specification height.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You already asked this in another thread. What are you expecting, a different answer? Even if you do get someone to say "yeah, it's a good idea, do it". What are you going to do? Just do it?

To get back to your question. Whatever reason you want that 1" lift, do it right, get taller springs / shocks to match. This adjusts the height of the chassis / body, and keeps the rolling components at their design specification height.
A hard monday morning, I understand. I just wanted if there is a share of experience, in your case if you don’t have it, then just to be quiet would be enough.

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts
A hard monday morning, I understand. I just wanted if there is a share of experience, in your case if you don’t have it, then just to be quiet would be enough.
Ah the classic, "be quiet" retort to deflect... Who used that again, just recently? Since I did provide you a usable answer, instead of just calling your question stupid, I'll consider this as being the adult in the room.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I want to upgrade to 19s on a 2019 SE to make it look more snug. I searched online and found some owners at fitmentindustries who are using 20x9 offset 35 with 245/35 on stock suspension and no rubbing.
another has 19x9.5 35 offset
245/40/19 tires - the appearance did not look as tight (snug) in the wheel well as a 245/35 on 20" rims.
they both claim there is no rubbing at all.
I really want to stay away from tires rubbing on street dips and bumps by going only 1 size up from 18x8 to 19x8.5

Is the XSE and SE suspension widths the same?

will I be okay with 19x8.5 on an SE and what size will make it look snug like the XSE
235/40 are stock ?? wouldn't a 235/45 fit better.

I understand warranty may be voided.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tempted to put 16in rims in place of the stock 17ins on my LE. Is it worth it for the extra added comfort or is the added effect too minimal to even bother? I plan on putting some Grand Touring tires on my car either way but just trying to decide if it's worth the hassle or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My most sincere apologies, I hardly needed a vacation, and I did not look for older questions, sorry for that too.
I just took my first vacation on our new LE and find everything just right. Even the suspension is very responsive and always comfortable. And I could drove 550kms and end up, imposible in my older Ford Edge, farther imposible in a BMW Serie 3. This is my first ever Toyota and I love it. Although it may accept some wider and taller tires for my wife driving in the city, on highway at 75mph the originals 215/55/17 are fine.
Still think in the 235/55/17 change, a 27.2 inch tall tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I work in the wheel and tire business, I've see a few post asking what will fit on ones car, here is a safe fitment guide and data for all models 2018/2019. If you have a "strange or weird or crazy" fitment you would like to try please ask.

POPULAR FITMENTS:
16X7.0 38 OFFSET W/ 215/60-16 TIRES
17 X 7.0 38 OFFSET W/ 215/55-17 TIRES
18 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/45-18 TIRES
19 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/40-19 TIRES
20 X 8.0 45 OFFSET W/ 235/35-20 TIRES
MAX WHEEL WIDTH: 8.5 IN
MAX TIRE HEIGHT: 26.56 IN
MAX TIRE WIDTH : 255MM
WIDTH OFFSET
6.5 +04/+65
7.0 +10/+60
7.5 +16/+54
8.0 +23/+48
8.5 +29/+41
**THE MINIMUM OFFSETS SHOWN ABOVE ARE FLUSH WITH THE
OUTER FENDER LIP. USING OFFSETS LOWER WILL PUT THE
FACE OF THE WHEEL OUTSIDE OF THE FENDER AND COULD
CAUSE RUBBING. **
Hello all, I work in the wheel and tire business, I've see a few post asking what will fit on ones car, here is a safe fitment guide and data for all models 2018/2019. If you have a "strange or weird or crazy" fitment you would like to try please ask.

POPULAR FITMENTS:
16X7.0 38 OFFSET W/ 215/60-16 TIRES
18 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/45-18 TIRES
19 X 7.5 45 OFFSET W/ 235/40-19 TIRES
20 X 8.0 45 OFFSET W/ 235/35-20 TIRES
MAX WHEEL WIDTH: 8.5 IN
MAX TIRE HEIGHT: 26.56 IN
MAX TIRE WIDTH : 255MM
WIDTH OFFSET
6.5 +04/+65
7.0 +10/+60
7.5 +16/+54
8.0 +23/+48
8.5 +29/+41
**THE MINIMUM OFFSETS SHOWN ABOVE ARE FLUSH WITH THE
OUTER FENDER LIP. USING OFFSETS LOWER WILL PUT THE
FACE OF THE WHEEL OUTSIDE OF THE FENDER AND COULD
CAUSE RUBBING. **
Awesome! Thank you for all the info. Which tire and size and wheel would you recommend getting for the 235 40R19s that came with the Camry XSE. I am thinking of dropping to 17" wheel possibly.

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for all the info. Which tire and size and wheel would you recommend getting for the 235 40R19s that came with the Camry XSE. I am thinking of dropping to 17" wheel possibly.
There is recommendation for 17" tires right in the thread you quoted:

I went with 17 X 6.5 41 offset for mine with 215/55 tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had my Rohanna RC10 installed, 20x9 with +35 offset on 245/35/20 lexani tires, tire shop swore I could run 255/35/20 which is what was on the rims from my previous car but i had my doubts from what I have been reading. Sorry for the rainy pic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

Two things

First, about all the different size tires - do some research, the best way is to simple use (GOOGLE:) "Miata tire calculator" - biggest reason to do this is to see the height difference and speedo difference. Its a very basic calculation, but tires haven't really changed in the past 40 years.

Secondly, just wondering if anyone has posted a picture of the 17" rims on here. I found a set of winter rims I want to pick up, but I can't visualize the size difference. It feels a bit skeptical on a XSE to move from 19" to 17". anyone done it with an XSE?

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hello,

Two things

First, about all the different size tires - do some research, the best way is to simple use (GOOGLE:) "Miata tire calculator" - biggest reason to do this is to see the height difference and speedo difference. Its a very basic calculation, but tires haven't really changed in the past 40 years.

Secondly, just wondering if anyone has posted a picture of the 17" rims on here. I found a set of winter rims I want to pick up, but I can't visualize the size difference. It feels a bit skeptical on a XSE to move from 19" to 17". anyone done it with an XSE?

Thanks
I have 17” winter wheels and recommend them for confort and safety. Rims are OEM steellees from a CH-R. I have to look for some pictures from the las winter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered a set of Sparco Pro Corsa 18x8 wheels with 225/50r18 tires. According to Tire Rack this size will fit my car. Just ordered them today and now reading this thread has me a little nervous. Think I am going to have any fitment issues?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts