Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing a search but I found nothing that could answer my question so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it since I will be buying rims and tires soon for my Gen 3 4cycl.

Ok here is my question. I was looking at wheels and rims on Tirerack.com and Discounttires.com. On both sites they have a wheel and tire size that would fit a V6 Gen 3 BUT they don't even list that size on my Gen 3 5fse. The size is 225/40/18 with rims that are 18 x 8. Now if they have it as a listed fit for a V6 Gen 3 why wouldn't it fit on my car? Is there a difference between the two cars that it wouldn't fit on mine? Thanks for any help.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
no diff. only thing is that the stock v6's came with 15" rims, and the 4's came w/ 14" rims....maybe they don't think that ppl would put 18s on a car that has stock 14s or soemthing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eye8Pussies said:
no diff. only thing is that the stock v6's came with 15" rims, and the 4's came w/ 14" rims....maybe they don't think that ppl would put 18s on a car that has stock 14s or soemthing
Yea that's true because both sites did Plus Size's from OEM rims on each vehicle so maybe it was just a mathematical calculation instead of just physically checking. So I assume then if those 18x8's listed fit the V6 Gen 3 am I safe to assume they also fit my Gen 3 4cycl? Because i've read where some people have problems with rubbing with those sizes on their Gen 3 and some do not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts