Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry about the double post.

The JDM engine and tranny are doing great. They only problem I have had was a coolant hose clamp I did not tighten enough. Took the car on its first commute to work and on the way home an intermittent growl coming from the left wheel begins :ugh3: At 55mph I put the car in neutral and turned the wheel side to side. Turning right there is quiet and turning left the grizzly is awakening from it's winter nap. I may have mixed that around but it is a wheel bearing.

Since the bearing is pressed in the hub it is best to get a used spindle. With the Gen 2 will only a Gen2 spindle work or can you use a Gen3? Junkyard Gen 2 are very hard to find here so that is why I ask. Lots of Gen 3 spindles on the net as well. Thanks

Brian

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
Have your dealer replace the bearing, as long as you are certain that you retorqued the axle nut to the correct value when you reinstalled the axles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did torque the axle to correct specs

I torqued the axle nut to 140ft lbs with a torque wrench so I'm confident I did that right. Before I did the engine/tranny I had some noise/vibration/shimmy from the front end. I'll take the part to the dealer/shop to have a new bearing pressed in. Thanks

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts