Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Buck Up or Doe Out (TM)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would a wheel bearing cost to replace if it wasnt under warranty, or if the warranty wouldnt cover it due to lift or what not? I am almost 100% positive that my front left one is going out. Can only feel/hear it when Im turning to the right on my drivers side wheel. Its pretty obviously and never goes away if im on a right turn. Thanks for anyones help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
front wheel bearings problems

Im not to sure how much it's would cost to change a wheel bearing but my father has gone threw 3 front wheel bearings and has been on able to get them done on warranty even though he is was over 30 mi or 50 kms. I think these might be problematic for our trucks.

·
Buck Up or Doe Out (TM)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does he happen to have a lift? Also I found the part on TRDParts4u.com and it isnt too bad. I can get it done by the mechanics I know and trust right down the road. Just not sure if its that or my TC UCA's. I over greased one of the bushings and its buldging some and its noticeable. I was also wondering if the only way to get the grease out is to take the bolt out and was wondering if I would have to take it all the way out to get the grease out. Its on the bottom bushing on the drivers side (meaning the lower bushing on the UCA)

·
Registered
94 Posts
bearing assembly cost = 219.40 (in canada) and 3.5 hrs of labour

just had my left front done ... they comp'd the labour b/c of the $1400 of brake work

Ran into a guy in the bush who had gone thru 6 wheel bearings on his 05+ truck

I think there's a fairly good warrenty on the replacement part / labour

mah

·
lover of teh boobies
'05 Tacoma AccessCab
2,547 Posts
I bet it's covered under the power train warranty.

And to answer your question, the lift wouldn't make them go out prematurely, but a wheel spacer might.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts