Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
I remember reading an ET40 but I can't seem to find that info now to confirm it. I think I may just bite the bullet and buy these. For $100 I can't go wrong. Any suggestions for a tire size?
A 40mm offset will be fine. If they are 48mm (like most Matrix wheels) then you'll want a 10mm spacer in the front and a 20mm or 25mm spacer in the rear. Do a 205/50-16 tire on there - it should be the factory Corolla size once they went to 5x100 hubs.

-Charlie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A 40mm offset will be fine. If they are 48mm (like most Matrix wheels) then you'll want a 10mm spacer in the front and a 20mm or 25mm spacer in the rear. Do a 205/50-16 tire on there - it should be the factory Corolla size once they went to 5x100 hubs.

-Charlie
Currently running a 185/70/14 on 14" steelies 6" wide with a 40 offset. The wheels pictures above are a 16" x 6" with an offset of 45. If I end up running a 205/50/16 will I still clear struts, etc?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
Yeah, that will clear. It just won't look quite a nice as if you had the spacers. Start with the wheels and see what you think from there.

This is 16x7, 40mm offset with 20/50-16 tires on one of my old Camrys (lowered but no spacers):

-Charlie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I picked up the wheels last night but upon further inspection realized I had been slightly misinformed. Although Toyota did indeed make this identical wheel for the corolla they also made it for the matrix.

These wheels are a 16" x 6.5" with an offset of 39. I assume this won't be an issue, will it?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've also ran a 205/50 on a 16 x 7" +40 with no problems.

If you lower it with springs or coilovers you will rub the front wheel well plastic liners a little when going over deep dips in the city or at highway speeds.

·
chrome won't get you home
2012 Corolla
2,514 Posts
Beautiful wheels will always make a car look a ton better. I don't plan to replace my factory alloys but your car is way sharp. And Charlie's too, I love the paint for some reason. Looks like old denim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.