Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2007 Highlander Sport
Highlander
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these two part numbers for my 2007 HL Sport 17" wheel.

Wheel Locks:

00276-00900 & 00276-00901

I called a dealer and they said this part # 00276-00900 should fit so I go online I found one on E-Bay and the guy says this part # 00276-00901 is the correct one. Ok now I'm confused. Which is the correct part number for my 17" Inch wheels? Do any of you guys have any these wheel locks?

·
2005 HL Ltd. 4WD V6
535 Posts
wheel locks

My 05 HL Limited (with 17" wheels) came with OEM McGard wheel locks. Mc Gard has been around forever, and makes high quality wheel locks. The keyway needed to remove and install the lock is unique to your set of lug nuts and has a serial number attached with it. Using this serial number, spare keys can be purchased from them, and it is highly recommended that your locking set be registered with them to assure future compatibility. I'm not quite sure what you need, but you can skip the factory process and jjust go to most auto parts places and have them order you a set of wheel locks from them for your specific need. If it's the key that you need, then you might have trouble with this, as McGard is not gonna know what you have (unless you or the original owner registered them (assuming you know the name of the original owner), and they have to look out for the security issue as well, or thieves will have access to keys. It might be necessary to destructively remove your locking lug nuts and replace them with a new kit.

·
2007 Highlander Sport
Highlander
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After experimenting with the 2 part numbers this is what I found out; Part no. 00276-00900 Toyota Wheel Locks is for the Hybrid wheels, these will also fit the regular HL but it will be much shorter than your original lug nuts, it will look like you are missing one lug nut in your rim if you look at it from the side.

Part no. 00276-00901 is the correct one for my HL Sport, my lug nuts are long and they are the same length as the wheel locks.

Hope this helps anyone purchasing wheel locks for their Highlander. Makesure before purchasing remove one of your lug nuts and look at the length of it.

Part No. 00276-00900 - Short
Part No. 00276-00901 - Long

lqueral thanks for your info regarding the OEM McGard wheel locks. The Toyota Wheel Locks are actually made by McGard. It just has the Toyota brand on the package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts