Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to say that this is my first post, and I'd appreciate any help that you guys could give me. Thanks :)

I have a 2006 Tacoma truck, 4x4,4-cylinder 2.7 liter engine, access cab. I want to buy new wheels (tires and rims) bigger in size. It has the stock wheels on it now,(16 inch rims),tire size is 245 75 r16. My question is, how big in tires and rims can i get without lifting the truck up ? If i have to lift the truck up, what is easier, body lift or suspension lift ?

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
Welcome to TN!

You can fit 265/75r16 with no lift on stock wheels with no rubbing (see my pic below). Body lifts are bad, dont do that. If you want an affordable suspension lift, www.toyteclifts.com

All of these things have been discussed alot on here, so remember to use the search feature - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/search.php

Oh and post up some pictures of your truck:)

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks amp2001, as soon as I get pictures of my truck i will post them. I'm still working on getting extras put on my truck. :) Thanks again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
Welcome to TN!

You can fit 265/75r16 with no lift on stock wheels with no rubbing (see my pic below). Body lifts are bad, dont do that. If you want an affordable suspension lift, www.toyteclifts.com

All of these things have been discussed alot on here, so remember to use the search feature - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/search.php

Oh and post up some pictures of your truck:)
Do you have any other pics besides your signature?

Also does anyone know what tire size i could get on a 16 x 8 wheel with a 4.5 backspacing.? BTW stock TRD OffRoad Suspension.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
digitalreaper said:
Do you have any other pics besides your signature?

Also does anyone know what tire size i could get on a 16 x 8 wheel with a 4.5 backspacing.? BTW stock TRD OffRoad Suspension.
Here you go! These tire's would fit on those rims.

·
05 prerunner trd off road
05 taco prerunner
32 Posts
i have trd fj wheels which are 16x7.5 w/ 4.5 backspacing and i'm runnig 265/75r16 with no lift and no problems.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
^^^ Hey its my truck! Bah, shes awfully dirty in those pictures though. Stoopid salt and snow:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts