Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
searchin'
389 Posts
firstly, why do you want to use longer studs? do you have rims that require them? if not, it's a waste of bling.

if you need them for rims, you can try Landcruiser or 4Runner studs. i have them on my corolla gt-s b/c the konigs needed them for the nuts to stay safely secure.

i considered the ARP as well, but they had the 4Runner one in stock to compare to the oem toyota one that i brought in for comparison. they have the same tooth count, so i figured why not get them if they are sure to fit. mind you it cost me almost $9 Cdn each x16 *shakes head*

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i dont have wheels that require them but i do want to buy a set of wheel spacers to improve the handling of the car. I figure to use them safely I would need to have longer wheel studs. And personally I think that will add to the car cosmeticaly and will make it look more aggressive.

·
searchin'
389 Posts
actually, using longer studs on oem wheels are more dangerous - more chance of breakage vs. shorter stud. why not just stick to stock, that's the way they were meant to be?

if it's handling you're looking to enhance, then suspension is the way to go - performance shocks/struts & springs. & what are the spacers for, don't tell me you're going to go 'lowrider' style & jut your offset wider than your fenders :confused:

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
yota said:
No i dont have wheels that require them but i do want to buy a set of wheel spacers to improve the handling of the car.
They don't improve the handling of the car, you've been hanging out with the wrong crowd. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
if it's handling you're looking to enhance, then suspension is the way to go - performance shocks/struts & springs. & what are the spacers for, don't tell me you're going to go 'lowrider' style & jut your offset wider than your fenders
I already have my suspension set up. I am only talking about getting maybe 10 mm spacers (havent taken any measurements yet so just an estimate). I just want to make the wheels alil more even with the fenders.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EKam said:
They don't improve the handling of the car, you've been hanging out with the wrong crowd. :)
I think your the one with the wrong crowd.

"....effectively widening the stance of the vehicle and lowering its roll center. This simple modification increases lateral stability, which in turn provides improved handling..." straight from H&R website http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frameproducts.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts