Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Scion XA
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for some 17x7 wheels not sure what i really wanna get just thought i'd have you guys give me some suggestions this is for my paseo its red. is a daily driver, i do plan on kitting it too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
what kinda kit?

17s are kinda huge...they can be done, but until you get a kit, they'll look too big for the car.
Kit or no kit, they will probably rub when you turn, everyone i know who has done it have tires that rub when they turn.

Performance wise, 16x7 with a 45series tire is optimal. Since our cars have a 3 or 40 offset, they won't rub either...not even when you turn.

Is your car lowered? Mine is. 1.6" drop. If yours is that much or lower, you should really look at 16x7 inch rims with 45series tires all around. If you get a deep dish-rim, the effect will be the same or better than most 17's you see out there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
what kinda kit?

17s are kinda huge...they can be done, but until you get a kit, they'll look too big for the car.
Kit or no kit, they will probably rub when you turn, everyone i know who has done it have tires that rub when they turn.

Performance wise, 16x7 with a 45series tire is optimal. Since our cars have a 3 or 40 offset, they won't rub either...not even when you turn.

Is your car lowered? Mine is. 1.6" drop. If yours is that much or lower, you should really look at 16x7 inch rims with 45series tires all around. If you get a deep dish-rim, the effect will be the same or better than most 17's you see out there.

www.toronopaseoclub.com

check it out...there's one there with a kit and a few with 17s

·
Registered
Scion XA
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so 16x7 what size tire? any suggestions on rim designs or companys that make some good stuff for a reasonable price? i have no job right now but i do wanna keep looking the kit i wanna get for it is the Euribuni kit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i had problems at first with 17's, but i had it slammed with arospeed coilovers and i had to wizzer the rear wheel wells a lot, the right rear especially, the wheelbase longer on taht side, but i wizzered and rolled the lip and have never had another problem... 40 offset, i have enkei cDR9's and they look very nice even with less of a drop now, so if you want 17's you'll have to work it a little, 16's less hassle

ANDY

·
RockStar
94 Tercel
41 Posts
tercelsuperfast said:
i had problems at first with 17's, but i had it slammed with arospeed coilovers and i had to wizzer the rear wheel wells a lot, the right rear especially, the wheelbase longer on taht side, but i wizzered and rolled the lip and have never had another problem... 40 offset, i have enkei cDR9's and they look very nice even with less of a drop now, so if you want 17's you'll have to work it a little, 16's less hassle

ANDY
I just got 17's awhile ago and im having problems with the rear. They hit the fender. Right side more than left. Ive been lookin for struts, hoping it may fix the problem. Car is not dropped at all yet. What is wizzered? And where would I go to roll the fenders?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put ADR 17 x 7's on my 02 Echo 2dr. I have no body kit yet, but I do have a Terminator II wing on the back. Anyway, I haven't had any problems, car is still at stock height. It did add about 1.5" height increase to vehicle over stock 14's

·
Registered
22 Posts
WIth 17's they do rub but it's on the inner fender. It's only when you turn to the extremes, not much damage done to tire or fender. But the small tire size required for the 17's does make for a rough ride.

I have 17's on my car an dI don't think they look too big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts