Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'03 Taco ExCab TRD
'16 Highlander XLE V6 AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a number or estimated number for the weight of the wheels that come stock on the '16 XLE AWD? Thinking that everything will handle better if I can keep that weight in mind when I change out my wheels/tires for something more off-roady in the future.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LOL, you didn't mention what is your OEM tire, by Bridgestone or others; but, anyhow, it's an approximate weight anyways. Not that I measured mine, but ... the OEM brand new Bridgestone tire is about ~29-lbs each, the rim is about ~32-lbs each, total at about ~61-lbs each... then again you have balance weights, valve stem and TPM sensors in Oz to add on...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you want to get lighter weight or heavier weight? I thought lighter wheels with their lighter unsprung weight will handle better. Off road wheels are generally heavier. But seriously, don't take HL offroading.

·
'03 Taco ExCab TRD
'16 Highlander XLE V6 AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want to get lighter weight or heavier weight? I thought lighter wheels with their lighter unsprung weight will handle better. Off road wheels are generally heavier. But seriously, don't take HL offroading.
I want wheels and tires to weight as close to the stock setup so the acceleration and overall handling will be similar. Also I imagine that different heavier wheels and tires would put more stress on the engine because it thinks the stock wheels are on there.

And I don't intend to take it off-roading per se, I just want the increased ground clearance and ride height in the event of the occasional dirt road while camping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts