Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I hate hippies.
1,285 Posts
That is a really good thing. Nobody ever realizes how many of us get fucked up downrange. We have better body armor now that protects our vital organs, and more medical training, so a lot of soldiers are surviving shit that would have killed them before, and that means lots more wounded vets. 3,974 KIA, 31,187 wounded in action. Even if you disagree with the war (who doesn't) at least get involved and do something for these guys. Make them feel "normal" for a weekend of wheelin'. Listen to some war stories and buy 'em a beer, it's the least you can do. I wish I was in the States to help out somehow.

·
i <3 Miley Sirus.
2005 toyota tacoma
1,280 Posts
First event is in Missouri

It's time that we announced the first of our charity events. The event will be held at Flat Nasty Off Road Park on April 12-13, 2008. Check them out at www.flatnasty.net

Flat Nasty is located about 15 miles south of Salem, Mo. This is a GREAT park and will be an event not to be missed. Ron and Sheila (owners) are just fantastic to work with and have offered up a lot of help.

Along with camping out at the park, we plan on having a night time geocache for prizes. If you don't have a GPS, we can pair you with a vehicle which does. If anyone has more than one, which they would be willing to loan to someone who doesn't, that would be great too. Aaron (the event host) has two that he is willing to loan out to whoever needs them.

Along with the standard park entry fees, we plan on having a flat donation fee to Wheelers for the Wounded of $20 per vehicle. This is the beginning of our pot for the Missouri main event in 2009, so let's get as many people as we can and raise some money for this more than worthy cause.

To check out the plans for the event, offer your assistance, and/or just to let them know that you'll be there, go to the Missouri section of the forum, which you can find at this link:
http://wheelersforthewounded.org/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

i might attend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts