Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

The Keystone Krawlers offroad club is having a *Wheelin 101* trip on April 5th at Rausch Creek Offroad park. Anyone with a 4x4 vehicle is welcome!!

The *Wheelin 101* trips are designed for the beginners and those who've never been offroad but wanna give it a try. The organizers of the event will give you a short lecture about offroading, driving tips, trail etiquette, and what to expect. You need not be afraid - these guys have years of experience and have done these trips many times. It's GREAT FUN to get yourself on the trails for the first time! ..and no worries and no pressure.
Rausch Creek is a fully insured and fully legal offroad park.
http://www.rc4x4.org/index.php

If you're interested - feel free to contact Jamie mailto: [email protected]
Tell 'em *Janster* sent ya!

·
I hate hippies.
1,285 Posts
That sounds like a cool event. I think more people should get involved in some sort of club. I have learned everything I know about offroading from other people, and I don't mind passing it on to those new to the offroad community. I recently borrowed Bill Burkes video titled "Getting Unstuck" and learned a great deal about proper vehicle recovery, and highly reccomend it to those new to offroading.

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
I can make this date. It will be my first time there, and I'll always welcome more tips and advice :thumbup:

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can make this date. It will be my first time there, and I'll always welcome more tips and advice :thumbup:
Very Cool!
I was hoping I could go and help out but I'll be heading to Outter Banks that weekend.

If you have any questions - feel free to ask Jamie or ask here...Grab any of your buddies with 4WD vehicles. It's not a vehicle specific or manufacturer specific event.

Have fun and keep it safe!

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
damn, too bad you're not going.

OT, but do you guys have a white Mitsubishi? I saw one on 83 with a license plate very similar to your user name

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn, too bad you're not going.

OT, but do you guys have a white Mitsubishi? I saw one on 83 with a license plate very similar to your user name
Laugh...that's pretty funny. No Mitsubishi...but my license plate IS my username.

*Shhhh!! Actually, I'm not too worried about saying that. It's exposed to the public on a daily basis - so it's not secure no matter what.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I might have to show up as well!

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
Count me in. After showing the pics from the last trip to the wife, she wants to go as well. :cool:

:Bruce:

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Count me in. After showing the pics from the last trip to the wife, she wants to go as well. :cool:

:Bruce:
Wow...really?

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Maybe I'll have my 4Runner operational by then. The guy said the current motor is in bad shape but it runs good enough to wheel. All I need to do is fix the break hose and it's good enough for green/blue trails. It'll be a good way to get use to driving manual too. :D

Although wheeling with a spare motor in the bed might not be good for the motor or offcamber situations. :lol:

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
Very cool! Now I really wish I could be there....

Are you gonna let her drive?

:rofl2: Sure. She can take her Mitsubishi Eclipse over the Blue trails!

Actually, I can't get her to take the thing across the parking lot. She loves being in it. But she usually avoids the kind of vehicles I like to drive. We'll see.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
:rofl2: Sure. She can take her Mitsubishi Eclipse over the Blue trails!
Nah, her Eclipse would handle the gauntlet no questions asked. :lol:

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Unfortunately there is no way in hell that I'll get my 4Runner trail worthy by April 5th so count me out. I know that if I wheel my Tacoma I'll screw something up. That's just my shitty luck for me. Not to mention, I still haven't purchased a tow bar for flat towing, or magnetic trailer lights.

Have fun guys and definitely take a lot of pictures!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts