Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys..i'm pretty much a noob to this forum so forgive me..but anyways i just bought some 18" axis hiros..unfortunately i'm regretting this because imo it looks too small for the camry..if ya could tell me what ya think of it..and i'm plannin to drop my car..but i dont know too much about it so if ya guys could help me out on what brand of springs and how low i should drop it...thx alot guys

sry for the crap pictures..i was in a rush

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think the TRD springs would do the trick. I've heard that TRD springs are rebadged Eibach springs..I personally think you should've gone 19".

·
Registered
293 Posts
Some other pics I've seen with other Camry's and 18s don't look that bad, but you're right, for some reason, those wheels look really small on the car.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
looks alright...they might look a bit bigger when u drop it though... when my friend first got 18s for his accord they looked so small but once he dropped it they looked alot better

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
skyhitek said:
the tires are cooper zeon ZPT 235/40-18
With 235/40/18 your overall diameter is 25.40 inches. Your stock tires for our Camry
is 215/60/16 overall diameter is 26.16 inches. So your new tires is -.76 of an inch shorter in overall diameter. That is why it makes your overall wheel so small (eventhough your rims is 18"). I would recommend 235-45-18 which will give you overall diameter of 26.33 It is very close comapre to your stock tires. Don't go any bigger tire because it will make your rims smaller (the bigger the sidewall height of the tires the smaller your rims will look)
I have seen some 225-40-18 on some Camry...it does make a big gap which make it look a little awkward. Those are nice rims you just need to put the right tires. Becareful I about dropping your car....you will sacrificed quality ride a lot (roughness) Not to mention over period of times if you bought bad quality of spring it could have a drag effect.
Try 235-45-18 first before you drop it.
I created a simulated drop on my car by having a 20" rims with bigger overall diameter than the stock 26.16 inches. Now my tires fill the gap up really good making it look tight without dropping it. If you want to see how tight my car look click on my signature.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
hey if you don't like them i'll gladly take it off your hands :)

i don't think they look small, but they look small to you cause this particular one has a lip - which shortens the spokes, so an 18 looks like its a 17.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
akira i hope you're right because i cant afford new tires lol..i'm a college student so you know i'm low on $$$

·
Registered
07 camry xle i4
122 Posts
i should have got 20's .. i have the exact same problem w/ my 18's it will have to be anoher year 2-3 years before i can go any bigger have to atleast use the tires get my $$$ out of it next time i wont rush into it .. rookie mistake! i want the same look as lammydi .. one day !

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
brian01togo said:
i should have got 20's .. i have the exact same problem w/ my 18's it will have to be anoher year 2-3 years before i can go any bigger have to atleast use the tires get my $$$ out of it next time i wont rush into it .. rookie mistake! i want the same look as lammydi .. one day !
Brian01togo,
I am in San Diego too. I bought my tires really cheap off a warehouse in La Puente (LA) they are the supplier for Discounted Tires for performance tires. I bought a set of 4 brand new Nitto 555 Extreme 245-35-20 for only $500 balanced and installed!!!
Only 2 catches, cash only and no shipping. You will have to drive to his warehouse.
But for the money I saved.....the trip was worth while.

·
::::::::::::::::
960 Posts
Hey lammydi how is the ride with those 35 series tires?
Do you think you could put in a TRD drop W/O any rubbing issues?

I ask because I'm thinking about going with 20's with a 35 profile & a TRD drop on my 07 SE (V6).

Nice ride.:thumbup:

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Mistabullet said:
Hey lammydi how is the ride with those 35 series tires?
Do you think you could put in a TRD drop W/O any rubbing issues?

I ask because I'm thinking about going with 20's with a 35 profile & a TRD drop on my 07 SE (V6).

Nice ride.:thumbup:
Hi Mistabullet,
Thanks for your comment.
I love the Nitto tires 245-35-20 quiet and stick to the road. I think a TRD drop will still be OK without rubbing. But it will be really close. The back tires should be no problem but the front might be really tight. I like your ride too. It's also depends on how wide your wheels also. You might want to ask Epsilon. He knows a lot of wheels and drop stuff. Please post pictures once you have 20" and drop.

·
::::::::::::::::
960 Posts
I got a few more questions lammydi :)

Is ride noticeably rougher compared to your stock setup?
What about compared to the stock SE setup? (If you even tested one out)
And do you feel a loss in power or braking? ('Cause of the bigger rims...)

- Thanks

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
^ i dont think it will be that much heavier..the stofcks are 17"s its 1" bigger.. and mistabullet are those rims in ur sig? or are thye just photochopped

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Mistabullet said:
I got a few more questions lammydi :)

1) Is ride noticeably rougher compared to your stock setup?
2) What about compared to the stock SE setup? (If you even tested one out)
3) And do you feel a loss in power or braking? ('Cause of the bigger rims...)

- Thanks
Let me answer in the order you asked.
1) The ride is rougher when driving on a rough street road (small pot holes). But on a normal street or freeway...there is no different in roughness. But my Nitto are quieter than the stock tires.
2) I have not driven a stock SE. So no help there.
3) I don't feel a loss in power nor braking. In theory, it should loose a little bit since the bigger tire has more traction to the road (assuming the rims are the same weight) therefore the power should be loss a little and brake would have to work a little harder.
But in return I have better traction so the car stops better and quieter on freeway AND the nice look!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts