Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if anyone remembers me from this forum, haven't posted since about august/september, when my wheels got stolen... i've been busy trying to get my stuff back since..

that was in the garage of my apartment, tells you how bad this damn apartment's security is. anyways to make a long story short, they smashed my driver side window, disabled alarm, took my rims, my subwoofers/amp, and left my G-Unit "Beg for Mercy" CD case in front of my speedometer.. what jokers.. funny..

i called the police, they took fingerprints, but i've never heard from them since, and its been a month and 2 weeks now. my car is in the bodyshop, and insurance covered all damage + stolen wheels, so i was pretty lucky.

now i got a new alarm system thats pretty damn good (little LCD screen on keychain that beeps and shows when my car is been messed with), wheel locks, and a club. what else can i add to my car security to prevent this from happening again? suggestions needed.

p.s. i hate assholes that would do this to anybody.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
^ If someone wants to steal something from you car badly, they'll take it, no matter what. I've heard of cars being put on tow trucks to be stolen.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this has seriously exhausted my funding for my camry and delayed my project badly.. i can't even get to classes, such a pain..

there's nothing i could do?

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
dude besides the missing wheels, your car looks so sweet man!!

ohh yeah sorry to hear about the bad news too...love the car though

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
so you got a pager alarm now? but isn't that cellular based?
if your car's in the basement of the apartment, does it still work?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the guy told me it works within some distance (dont remember, gotta read the booklet when i get my carback), no matter what direction... i hope he's right.

i was thinking about staking out by my car for a week or 2... but do i really have to go that far?

·
Registered
785 Posts
your car should have what every mercedes benz on the road comes standard from the factory with.... it has a built in GPS system, where it will sense if the window gets broken and in the process if it senses something like a hand or a hammer passing in the place of the window, it will practically do what brinks home security does, except kinda different, instead of notifying the people, it emeditatly gets the GPS coordinates, notifies the police, and the police have the GPS coordinates of its where abouts, and then phones you.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
ok the main problem with that is ...the cops they don't do shit but be asses towards people like us. maybe if it was a high end car but it's not. i've given a full description of a car people direction headed and nothing. they are useless to me. in my country criminals are fair game and can be shot beaten or dismembered.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, theiving is pretty cheap and insulting. The most you can do really is carefully take apart the panels that have the security wiring and epoxy sharp razor blades around it so it cannot be disabled. My friend had a similar problem with his things getting stolen so he did that and the person who did it lost a lot of blood when he tried to steal again, there was a large puddle in the drivers floor.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
man i hate seeing things like this happen makes me sad & mad all at once :( :mad:

one question did you have wheel locks on your rims? that can slow some theives down, but yukio is right if someone wants something bad enough they will steal it somehow which is a hell of a shame.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Dude I'm so sorry to hear that:( Buy a Hunting Rifle and stake out your car and if they return kill the bastards

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,073 Posts
The pager thing is/was a bad idea. What are you going to do if it goes off? It would be stupid to approach a thief- your car is not worth your life. If you call the police they probably wouldn't get there in time anyway. Most car theives are gone within minutes- although stealing wheels would take extra time.

You can have the best alarm system available, and your car is still vulnerable.

I'd say the best defense is being smart. Make sure that you don't have expensive electronic equipment in sight. (unfortuntely- with tinted windows, some people just assume there is good stuff inside). Wheel locks will slow the thief down, but I don't think there is a good product that really protects wheels truely.

I would complain to the apartment manager- Is your garage locked/secured entry? Do they have cameras? Shouldn't they? - and continue to bother the police department. They don't pay any attention to people who don't fuss. You probably won't get the stuff back, but the only chance you have is with them.

Oh, and don't forget to check ebay for your rims....someone in my area got busted for stealing rims from local car dealerships, and selling them on ebay. You might get lucky..

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Yeah your car does still look nice even w/ out rims. Post soem new pics up when you can. Like someone said b4 no matter what, if a theif wants your car they'll have it. All you can do is make it more challenging for them.
You could look into one of these: http://www.neverstolen.com/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts