Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm starting my expensive journey to modding the mr2 and I'm starting with suspension and rims. Now the problem is the rims now I have on are bent and I have death wobble from hell. Is it fine to get bigger rims now so I can fix the problem before I put the coilovers on and drop it. Or should I get the coilovers and them drop it and find rims that fit. I only plan on lowering it a inch. Also what size rims, and tires have y'all put on yours that fit and you haven't had issues with the fitment. I want to avoiding spacers and rolling the fender I want to find a size that fit the car with no problem. I'm planning on doing this soon so please help me Dx

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
18,762 Posts
I'm running 205 40 series on a 17" x 7" rim in front and 255 40 series on a 17' x 9" in the rear with KYB 4 way adjustable struts. #1 setting in front and #2 setting in rear. No rubbing issues what so ever. I love the flat line cornering. The taller tire will throw your speedo off 3 MPH. Speedo reads 60, but you're actually doing 63 mph.

One other thing to consider is when lowering the car, if you get a flat, that you have a low profile jack that will still fit under the car , as it will be even lower with a flat.

I would not go higher than 17" rim. 18" will fit, but there will be rubbing. Especially in the front in a turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.