Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Prius
23 Posts
08 Model Year

In the past Sept - October are the months for new cars to preview. If you know what you want see a Sales Mgr. and they can order you one with their initial order of stock units. :clap:

·
Registered
13 Posts
07 camry sales are too hot right now, chances are they will delay it a little. i hope they do cause i just got my camry!

07 camry is oh so sexy, i can't wait to see the 08. but i hope it's uglier, so i wont get jealous.:lol:

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
h3nG said:
07 camry sales are too hot right now, chances are they will delay it a little. i hope they do cause i just got my camry!

07 camry is oh so sexy, i can't wait to see the 08. but i hope it's uglier, so i wont get jealous.:lol:
What kind of chronic are you smoking? Are you actually under the impression the 08 Camry is going to be redesigned lol?? There will be no changes whatsoever.

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
^And HID probably won't be an option until Gen 7

·
2015 Corolla S Premium
1,246 Posts
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

The most likely thing that you will see change for the 2008 models will be the PRICE.

Otherwise, the cars themselves will be IDENTICAL.

Oh, and I doubt that "PRICE" will be "cheaper." :cool:

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
i know for certain what will be changed; the price. they're going to raise it again.

you can inticipate these changes for the gen 6.5...

- hp bump for the 4cyl
- standard leds, optional hids (except ce)
- new grille/valance, slightly mod'd taillights
- more aggressive aero kit for the se
- optional 17" rims for xle, opt 18" for se (non-trd)
- standard alloys for le v6
- folding mirrors (?)
- bigger toyota logo? :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Every year a car changes I expect very little changes. Changes that won't be visible to us like the bugs in it's first year means the changing parts.

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
Man if the 08 comes in with some nice enhancement, I'll be piss!!! Lol! Like option for factory HID upgrade!!

I wanted that option on the 07 and it wasn't available. I got the XLE V6 with most of the upgrades already, minus spoilers and seat warmer I think ahhaha..

·
Registered
508 Posts
My two cents.... their will be some paint choice changes.... that's it. As for mechanical/electrical/structural improvements.... they are implenented as they are found/made.... hence, what differentiates Toyota from the rest. Called "Kaizen".

·
Registered
451 Posts
LunarMist said:
What kind of chronic are you smoking? Are you actually under the impression the 08 Camry is going to be redesigned lol?? There will be no changes whatsoever.
Yeah there will be a HUGE change to the 2008 MY Camrys

The V6 will get a transmission that lasts more than 3.5 months!

·
Registered
508 Posts
onsknht said:
The V6 will get a transmission that lasts more than 3.5 months!
hey onsknht, I haven't noticed "new" owners of the 6A tranny complaining of the described flare, have you? When I mean new, I mean a build date of a few months old.

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK guys, here are my comments as a VERY NEW Camry owner. I just bought the Camry SE V6 last week.

I live in Canada. It is cold in Canada. I park my car in my semi-heated garage, but it is still only a good 5-10 degrees warmer than the outside air in my garage. When I start my car from cold I let it run for a few minutes until the reves calm down from stratup to around 1000 RPM. When I do this I NEVER have a problem with shift flare. However I do get the car taking a bit longer than when it is warm to shift through the gears which is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO MY 2005 Toyota Sienna AND MY 2003 Toyota Matrix!!! It is NECESSARY and NOT ABNORMAL or a PROBLEM for this to happen. The car is just taking time to warm up the oils and fluids before letting me flog all the gears, etc. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS!! I repeat.....NEWER TOYOTAS ARE ALL LIKE THIS.

Now, just for kicks the other day I did not let the car idle down to the 1000 or less revs like I normally do. I backed out of my garage when the idle was still relatively high at between 1200 and 1500 RPM. Then I took off done my street with a bit heaver foot than normal with a cold car. Sure enough I encountered an average shift flare from 3-4 of about 700 RPM. OF COURSE I EXPECTED THIS as the car was still reving at higher start revs and had to adjust the engine flywheel speed with the gearing of the transmission. TOTALLY NORMAL!!!!! In fact, my buddy's Ferrari F430 DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING! And his operators manual states that it is the cars computer that is "blipping" the throttle to do just what I have described above and to protect the mechanics of the vehicle.

Now, mind you , I would be concerned if there was a noticeable "clunk" in the transmission during this flare and tranny engagement process, but on my vehicle THERE IS NOT. So I am completely satisfied and happy with my car. I will take the time to warm up the car in the mornings. I will not go "rabid" with the dealer or with Toyota demanding them to fix a problem THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM OTHER THAN USER ERROR. Six months from now if this changes and my car is responding differently then I might pursue some different course of REASONABLE action.

Incidentally, my car DOES fall within the shift flare range of qualified TSB serial numbers that are suggested for the TSB work.

I am VERY familiar with Toyotas as I have been driving them since my first car in 1980. And I am still very much enamored with my latest purchase!

·
Registered
451 Posts
drjames said:
hey onsknht, I haven't noticed "new" owners of the 6A tranny complaining of the described flare, have you? When I mean new, I mean a build date of a few months old.
Yes, I've found some real recent buyers complaining of "gear slip," the word "flare" is a sanitized term to help diagnose what the customer is saying. The word "slip" when used in the context of the word "transmission" is unnerving, but lets start calling it what it is.

Anyway, I suspect there's inventory sitting around that is problematic and may not be sold for months, this will confuse the issue.

What I am looking for is someone who had the transmission replacement under the new TSB (TC002-07) and what their experience is. It looks as if a couple Lexus ES350 guys have recently ordered transmissions under the new TSB, so it'll be a few more weeks before any solid impressions are made.

The VIN break on the TSB indicates a change sometime during the October 2006 build month... We need to consider a couple of things when looking at this.

1. TSBs are reviewed by the financial fells before being released, I think the VIN break is a best guess attempt and one that satisfied the bean counters by not blanketing the entire population of V6 Camrys and ES350s.

2. Cars with build dates of 11/06 and 12/06 are exhibiting "slipping transmission" issues between 3rd and 4th gear.

3. Cars built in September and possibly earlier are just being delivered in many cases.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts