Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 Camry LE i purchased it used in april of 2008 i've noticed that battery has a dark eye indicator which i think means the fluid level is ok however its not charging? I haven't had any issues with starting Should i replace my battery at this time? From past history i've always thought green battery indicators were fully charged.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
In my experience, most batteries in my Camrys have lasted about 7 years. Some people like to replace the battery in their car every 4-5 years, just to be safe. You should be fine for another couple of years, even beign conservative on the battery replacement, IMHO.

Mike

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Battery life is affected by the environmental conditions that the car encounters.

When I lived in California, the battery never seemed last more than about 5 years (heat & frequent A/C use didn't help).

When I lived in Colorado, it was similar. Frequent ice-cold starts didn't help...

I moved to Washington State. The climate here is very mild. I don't use the A/C much. I also park my cars in the garage every night (doesn't get below about 50F) The OEM battery in my 2000 Camry lasted almost 9 years. The DieHard battery in my Maxima lasted almost 11 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts