895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should it be done at 80K or 100K?

·
FLIP'N THE G-5 WHIP
2005 Black Camry
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got 83K right now, i think i will take it for the change. also, will clean the fuel injectors and replace spark plugs too for the frist time. i already drained and refilled the tranny fluid been changing oil, filter, air filter, cabin air filter often.

struts still holding up good. changed front brake pads too. need to do the rear brakes soon.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
off topic but...

If you have 80K miles on your car, living in New york city, I'd take off my wheels and see if I have any oil leaks in my struts. Struts usually have the lifetime of 70K miles. If you did check and your struts are still fine, kudos to your careful driving lol

·
イリジウム
13,808 Posts
On MacPherson designs the struts are a structural component. I think they're good only up to about 50K miles.

On double arm designs the "shock absorbers" are non-structural, like on Hondas. They're good at least 100K miles.

off topic but...

If you have 80K miles on your car, living in New york city, I'd take off my wheels and see if I have any oil leaks in my struts. Struts usually have the lifetime of 70K miles. If you did check and your struts are still fine, kudos to your careful driving lol

·
FLIP'N THE G-5 WHIP
2005 Black Camry
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, my struts need to be replaced. no doubt about it. that is on my list.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i change mine every two years. I dont use red coolant i use green, probably stupid but i have heard and seen bad things happen with red coolant. (Toyota coolant is expensive and i'd rather flush the system every two years anyway).
I treated my old 1988 Nissan truck like this and it still had the original radiator when i junked her (at 290,000 miles).

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
i change mine every two years. I dont use red coolant i use green, probably stupid but i have heard and seen bad things happen with red coolant. (Toyota coolant is expensive and i'd rather flush the system every two years anyway).
I treated my old 1988 Nissan truck like this and it still had the original radiator when i junked her (at 290,000 miles).
I agree with the every two years. That is usually the standard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts