Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Camry XLE I bought used in 2002. One of things I really liked was the way the audio system sounded. Over this past summer both front/door speakers developed a lot of vibration noise on the low end. They sound like they're cracked. I'd really like to put the same exact speaker back in there, but haven't found any place online to order them. A reply to a post I made in another section recommended something called "TAP", but the link didn't work and I don't know what that is. Anyone know where I can get the original speakers?

BTW, when I get into the door to remove the old ones will a run of the mill screwdriver work or are they held in by some proprietary mounting that only Toyota has the tool for?

Thanks in advance.

John in Richmond, VA

[email protected]

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
The link I posted is fine, you have to "Enter." But here it is again, and should work. You may have better luck calling the toll-free number and talk to someone live, since it worked for me before.

·
Road Trippin'
63 Posts
I have my original speakers from my '98 LE. I just replaced them with new CDT Audio speakers, but they're still good.

I'm not sure if they'd fit, but I don't think there's much of a difference between a '98 and '99. Let me know if you'd like pictures.

Also, if you need a tutorial on getting the doors or rear desk off, I made one when I put my speakers in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts