Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there is an archived storehouse somewhere that has new parts like this on hand?

If any such wonderful paradise exists, how can I purchase one of these awesome add-ons?

Thanks!

-Sam

·
Administrator
14,397 Posts
Ummm... It's really hard to not give a smart-ass answer. But that storehouse doesn't exist. *IF* you can find a used one, you'd be lucky. Watch for one in the "for sale" section here on TN. They come up once in a while. Expect to pay $2000(?) or so, depending on condition. You could post in the "wanted" section too, if you're really serious about it. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/238-car-parts-sale-trade-wanted/

·
Administrator
14,397 Posts
^I found that one too. Scroll to the bottom; it's sold.

Yeah, solaraguy.com - good advice.

·
96 es300 2mz-fe
1996 Lexus ES300
231 Posts
Brand new is very hard to find but they do pop up once in a blue moon.

If you are set on getting a new supercharger, a rebuilt one might me your best bet at the moment.

0 miles Rebuilt Camry Trd Supercharger $3100 shipped
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53430

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,656 Posts
Brand new is very hard to find but they do pop up once in a blue moon.

0 miles Rebuilt Camry Trd Supercharger $3100 shipped
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53430
I followed that link over to Solara Guy and got the very unfriendly message:

======================================================
Information

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
======================================================

Odd, in that I very rarely go to that message board. WTF :confused: So I sent an eMail to the Admin as requested and after a little bit, I got this in my inbox:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):

* [email protected]

More WTF

·
Administrator
14,397 Posts
Strange. That link opens for me, no prob.

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,656 Posts

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,656 Posts
Maybe you're on the "terror watch list" or "no fly list".
That might not be too far off. I recently switched ISP's and there very well might have been some dufus that left Comcast and I got his IP address. But there is another reason why I want to get to the bottom of this.

Recently when I bought my current car, and traded in my old car in as a down payment. I signed over the pink slip to the dealer as I had done many times in the past, drove off the lot and went on my way. Three weeks later I get a ticket in the mail from the FastPass people along with a picture of my license plate saying I didn't pay at one of the toll booths. The bridge in question was 90 miles away and I have been across it many times, but not recently.

I went to the local police dept and told them what happened, and they confirmed that I was still the registered owner of my old car. Thankfully they only ran the toll booth, and didn't rob a bank. Or instead of a friendly reminder in the mail, I might have had a couple of black and whites parked in front of my house, and my face buried in the lawn.

I went back to the dealer, and he said it was the DMV's fault, yea sure. I went to the DMV with my bill of sale, and they had me fill out a form, and they updated their records to show my old car was transferred as of the date of the sale. I waited a couple of weeks, and did a police check again. This time I was off the registration, and no more nasty grams showed up in the mail.

As far as SolaraGuy is concerned, I couldn't care less about their forum. By ToyotaNation's standards it's just lame. Some messages haven't been updated in months, some years. So I fired up TOR and went on over to check things out. No problem getting in, and I even set up an account. So much for their hot shot IP banning software.

It was near impossible to figure out how to send a private message to an administrator, let alone find a link *to* an administrator. In the FAQ they mention many times "contact the Administrator" but nowhere do they tell you *how* to contact an administrator.

I haven't heard anything back yet, and to be honest I'm not holding out much hope of anybody from SolaraGuy ever getting back to me.

My journey continues......

Apologies for Hi-jacking the thread.

·
Registered
1996 Camry XLE V6
617 Posts
The BEST BET for a new supercharger is to purchase a used one and take the charger, send it to Magnus Products. Pay $65 for shipping. Pay $1005 for a COMPLETE rebuild. Then $60 for shipping it back.

And there, brand new.

The ability to truly find a brand new charger is rare. And the value of it is exceptionally high. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts