Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to rebuild my 2001 Corolla's engine due to excessive oil consumption as shown here:

My only issue is the TIS website (recommended in that video) only lets me rent the service manual, and it's extremely hard to navigate. I was hoping I could buy a full physical or digital manual with a proper table of contents that I can keep forever.

Edit:
I went to my local dealer and they were no help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll second eBay. I've always found factory service manuals for my cars there. pdfs are OK, but it's nice having a hard copy. Plus it's always a pain to figure out the organization of shop manuals. I find it's easier to have a hard copy and be able to flip through pages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll second eBay. I've always found factory service manuals for my cars there. pdfs are OK, but it's nice having a hard copy. Plus it's always a pain to figure out the organization of shop manuals. I find it's easier to have a hard copy and be able to flip through pages.
I found some guy who sold me a pdf on there for $10 and it was for a 2003 corolla when the title specified 8th gen lol. Did the 1ZZ-FE get any changes by that point?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,126 Posts
The 1zz hasn't changed for gen 9. Other than, dbw.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you live in a major city? The library might have it and you can take pictures of the pages you need with your phone.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,126 Posts
You can find copies of Chilton manuals in auto stores or online.

For the FSM, eBay or as mentioned earlier, TIS 2 day subscription.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,418 Posts
TIS, the best place to go for FSM materials. Will coast you $20 for 48 hour access. In that time you can save to PDF every system on the car and all wire diagrams.

TIS

Not sure why you would go anywhere else, as this is the Toyota site and what Toyota techs use. Not as easy as just clicking a button as you must print to PDF every system area, but it only takes an hour or so to get everything.

·
Beware of pigs
Little Pig
2,443 Posts
I bought my 99 FSM on ebay. It's a hard copy. If you are paying money, you better get something you can hold in your hands.

Is TIS available in Canada? The promise of the ability to suck up every service literature Toyota ever(?) puts out in 48 hours doesn't help me if I can't access it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts