Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like a CAI that has the air filter right behing the grill. Instead of the regular ones in the engine bay. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Supposedly URD was doing something like that. Similar to there SC system intake.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cj99si said:
Supposedly URD was doing something like that. Similar to there SC system intake.
Thats exactly where I got the idea from. I saw someone's X-Runner with a URD S/C and the intake coming from the grill.

·
Registered
xrunner
339 Posts
they are suppose to be releasing their intake "soon" for like a year now ...someone did make their own to come out in front of the radiator...he cut a hole in the radiator support and just used autozone piping i think

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
that 90 in the intake looks nasty, it would have to restrict air flow and create turbulence that would jack up the reading of the MAF.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know eiter cam or 05xrunner had a DIY intake that resembled this pretty well too. Forgot where they purchased it from though

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
morcheez said:
found it on ct
That loooks perfect, but that 90 degree does look very nasty.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
That's a Spectre modular intake system. You buy it in 4"-6"sections. You could probably replace that 90* with several other pieces in 20* or 45* to smooth out the airflow. I wanted to do the same thing, and it comes out to be WAY cheaper than any other intake system, but I wanted to support it somehow to keep it from rattling and I couldn't figure out how or where to do it.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
BTW: In order to run 3" tubing from the engine bay to in front of the radiator, you have to cut your core support to make room. I'll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
where is a good place to get the silicone 45s and 90s and the tubing?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Im running a Spectre Intake, but its not in that location, of the picture above. I had no complaints on this intake. I only spent like $60 on it. Only expensive part out of it, is the filter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts