Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldn't find a related thread, thus the new topic.

Where is the flasher module (blinker module for turn signals) located? It is inside the dash on the Camry, is it in the same spot, and same part for us?

I am looking into installing switch back LEDs in the forward facing amber location, and I don't want to deal with load resistors. I'd like to just change out the flasher module.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob.

Is it the same module the Camry uses?

Do I need to take anything apart to get to it (like the Camry), or can I get to it from the footwell of the drivers area?

· Registered
2,680 Posts
It looks like you can access it if you remove he lower dash panel just over the fot well.....and reach up.... I had to take this panel off to install my BluLogic madule and microphone lead. . I didn't notice the PN to compare. to camry. Take your time - the panel is very thin plastic.

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I'll check it out this afternoon and snap some pictures.

· Registered
28 Posts
I took the panel off, but I'm not sure which is the flasher module..

Did you ever figure out which one the flasher unit is? I am also interested in installing some switch backs.

2011 Toyota Venza V6 AWD, Premium Package #3, Panormic Roof, JBL Speakers, Oem H.I.D, Tow prep package, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, K&N air filter, Toyota Side Door Moldings, Toyota Mud Flaps, Husky floor liners & trunk liners, Curt Hitch, Yakima Roof Rack.

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I ended up using 6 ohm load resistors. I went this route instead of the flasher module, because (all things considered) its easier. Also, when you switch to the led flasher module you lose the flash of the exterior lights when you arm/disarm the car. They are simple to install and just as easy to remove, almost without a trace. If you decide to change out the rear turns at a later date (in addition to the fronts), all you need to do is swap the 6 ohm for the 3 ohm. You can leave them in the same place in the engine bay as the car reads the current draw per side.

If you decide to go with the led flasher module, I think it's in the behind the instrument cluster as it is on the Camry. I can fish up the link to the Camry "how to" tonight if you'd like to see it.

Good luck!

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully I'll have time to install these tonight. I'm ready to be rid of the amber bulb in the front, and amber with the head lights at night.

· Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully I'll have time to install these tonight. I'm ready to be rid of the amber bulb in the front, and amber with the head lights at night.

Is the load resistor just plug n play? Please take pictures of install thanks!

2011 Toyota Venza V6 AWD, Premium Package #3, Panormic Roof, JBL Speakers, Oem H.I.D, Tow prep package, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, K&N air filter, Toyota Side Door Moldings, Toyota Mud Flaps, Husky floor liners & trunk liners, Curt Hitch, Yakima Roof Rack.

2011 Venza
3,167 Posts
These LED replacements look to be two color, so does that mean that you will have white with your headlights and still get the amber for turn signals?

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
These LED replacements look to be two color, so does that mean that you will have white with your headlights and still get the amber for turn signals?
Exactly. The bulbs that I purchased have 46 while leds and 46 ambers. They made these "switchbacks" so you could have white when your headlights are on and amber when you turn. This keeps it competely legal. Plus the bulbs aren't amber, so the headlights look all white from the front when nothing is on.

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is the load resistor just plug n play? Please take pictures of install thanks!
The load resistors use 3m splice taps. You just clip one side of the splice tap to the negative lead to the light, and the other to the positive. Here is an excellent write up explaining flasher modules, load resistors, and the installation of the load resistors (they call them load equalizers).

I installed them last night, and I hope to take pictures tonight (when it gets dark - but I'm on pst).

They match my 5k hid's perfectly :)

· Registered
28 Posts
I'm excited for pictures!

· Just getting started...
1,476 Posts
I did the load resistors in my Corolla but plan to go the LED Flasher Route with the Venza. Subscribed for future reference.

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a few photo's of the Switchbacks. I disconnected the headlights for the pictures to give them more visual impact. They obviously taken during the day and have much more impact at night. I hope to take a few night shots with the headlights on. The are both 5k (Whites) and match perfectly. Just being rid of the amber bulb up front (when they are off) made a huge difference to me. My preference is to have my headlights as clear as possible.

I wish these were our DRL's and the 9005 was just for the high beam. I know there is a way to make this happen, but I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone know?

· Registered
28 Posts
Here's a few photo's of the Switchbacks. I disconnected the headlights for the pictures to give them more visual impact. They obviously taken during the day and have much more impact at night. I hope to take a few night shots with the headlights on. The are both 5k (Whites) and match perfectly. Just being rid of the amber bulb up front (when they are off) made a huge difference to me. My preference is to have my headlights as clear as possible.

I wish these were our DRL's and the 9005 was just for the high beam. I know there is a way to make this happen, but I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone know?

Looks very clean. You should get some plastic caps and paint them your body color for the license plate bolt.s.

· Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
....You should get some plastic caps and paint them your body color for the license plate bolt.s.
LOL, I did! :) They're on in the picture. I got them from bumperplugs color matched to my paint. Since you didn't notice them I guess that's $35 down the drain :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.