Toyota Nation Forum banner

Where is the Fuel Filter?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mickyblue 
#1 ·
I'm lost... i have no clue where it is, i was gonna replace it since its got atleast 100K miles on it... Is it easy to find? and easy to install? help would be appreciated :):clap:

I have a 2.2 5SFE engine if that helps

#7 ·
Yes they are quite easy to install and find. if you find your air box look further past that it should be right there. It has a bolt, i believe it's 17 mm, if im not mistaken. there is two bolts you need to take off of the filter lines itself, top and bottom. And on the side on the tire well, if you want to take the filter off. One things you should make sure that you do is place some kinda of drip pan, because you will have gas leak out of it. but on e thing you have to look for before you start is the gas shutoff valve. It should be some where located on the head. It's a small screw possibly inside a cap (as mine was) But take the top and bottom and side bolts off and the filter should come off. it's kinda self explanatory putting it back on. Hope this helps!

#10 ·
Gas shut off valve??

"but on e thing you have to look for before you start is the gas shutoff valve. It should be some where located on the head. It's a small screw possibly inside a cap (as mine was)"

Where exactly is that located? On the head of the engine or the head of the top fuel line...?

Thanks,
Tedders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.