Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AE86 4a-c corolla where is the tran. oil plug the one that u put the oil in? i got all of it out but need to find the place to put it in at? the one that u get it out of is at the bottom so i know that is not the place u put it? and one more thing how much do u put in it??? im trying to find out y its so hard to go into 1st and 2nd so im starting with this. HELP ASAP:mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've done a drain & refill on two Toyota automatic transmissions, and both required that you fill through the transmission dipstick.

As for how much, either (1) measure how much came out and put that much back in (2) fill, check dipstick, repeat (3) figure out how much the capacity is, and ballpark about 60-70% of that (since a drain & refill doesn't drain everything).

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car is a 5 speed and dont have the dipstick. so i think its the bolt that is right above the bolt that drains it but its to tight to get off by hand. is that the right one??

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hate speculating so i wont. Im not finding info on filler hole but on manual tranny the filler hole should be higher than the drain hole,sorry info isn't specific. As to getting it off a breaker bar will do the job and leverage is your friend :)

PS i hope thats not your daily driver car cuz that would suck to have no car all day, also i myself have learned the hard way to take the filler hole bolt off first just to be safe:thumbup: Goodluck:D

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
1985rollasr5 said:
my car is a 5 speed and dont have the dipstick. so i think its the bolt that is right above the bolt that drains it but its to tight to get off by hand. is that the right one??
IT is... we were wondering the same thing when we first changed the clutch on mine... turns out the person who emptied it decided to try to fill it back up thru the drain hole :hammer:

It is the bolt directly above the drain hole... just use a breaker bar, or cover it with WD40 to get it off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the next thing im going to buy if this dont fix it. one more this is it the big bolt or the small bolt? the small one (12mm bolt)is about one in. from the drain plug and the big one is like and in. or so big and its about 1 1/2 in away so big or small??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i sprayed them both with my good friend with a 20 year old car WD40 all over them right b4 i left to go cruz around with my friends to i hope by the morning it will come ott i just hope i dont brake the bolt, i broke 2 socket and bent the wrench so this thing is on there but thanks alot for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts