Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'06 TRD Off-Road DC
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering where you guys bought your hood protectors and how much you paid?
I am looking for a no drill set up. post pics if you got em please. I am trying to get one that is pretty sleek and somewhat low profile.
Thanks fellas:thumbup:

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
I second that, after all my research was said and done, I bought the same Wade product from that website. Install was quick and easy. It looks great and is solid, not flimsy or cheap. Definitely recommend it!

·
Registered
448 Posts
+1, same Wade one on my truck, can't remember where I ordered it but $70 sounds about right for what I paid.

·
Registered
'06 TRD Off-Road DC
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies....Looks like a cool site.
Has anone seen the clear one on a Taco? I have a DC Silver Taco wondering how it would look

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
These pics are from Cardomain. Not mine. He has the clear Wade on his Silver DC.

Doesn't look bad. I like the smoke myself.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I bought (and am awaiting delivery) of a MacNeil from weathertech.com. Think it was $60 plus $15 for shipping, supposed to arrive this week, will post when installed.

I had one on my previous toyota, and loved the look and the effect of keeping the hood ding free.

·
Registered
'06 TRD Off-Road DC
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting look.......Was wondering how it will look in a couple months/years. Wonder if it will remain clear or get cloudy as I am in the northeast with all the lovely snow, etc

boone88rr said:
These pics are from Cardomain. Not mine. He has the clear Wade on his Silver DC.

Doesn't look bad. I like the smoke myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
AVS bugshield II $50+s&h. I would recommend them:thumbup:. Uses no drill fasteners not 3m tape:thumbup:.

·
Banned
05 Taco PreRunner
784 Posts
Old fashion....

Those work but I am old fashion. Get a full bra from "Colgan Custom!" They have been around since 61'. They protect the whole front end. Plus it molds better than the factory POS and it twice and thick and stiched awesome. Yes it gets dirty and you have to clean it every week but who cares. And for those who wonder about the dirt getting behind it and scratching the paint...it doesn't happen because I take it off and wash it every week and take it off when it is raining so water doesn't sit behind it. JMHO! ;)

·
Go Bills!
Tacoma, 4DR, 2WD
291 Posts
I bought mine (genuine Toyota) from this place outside of Seattle, WA -- I've bought several parts from these guys -- their prices are lower than other dealers and they ship really quickly.

http://toyotapartspeople.com/

I wanted the smoked color to go with my white truck.

Easy to install (snap screws fit into existing holes) and then small brackets attach the shield. Lots of wind here in Southern California today -- no movement or wind-noise. I alread have a mark in the left front corner -- something has already flown up and hit the shield. But happy to say that it saved my hood and windshield.
http://toyotapartspeople.com/
Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts