Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading this antifreeze thread over in the Gen3/4 Camry forums:

Seemed like PepBoys' Recochem/OEM pink and red antifreeze was pretty popular a few years ago because it was cheap and available in concentrate. However, PepBoys doesn't seem to sell the Recochem OEM Pink or Red antifreeze anymore (only Green I think, which I think is missing the phosphates?).

Anyone have recommendations on where to find cheap Pink OEM antifreeze, preferably in concentrate if possible? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Pepboys still does. Different brand now. They still have the Pink 50/50, Red conc, green conc etc. I was looking for Reochem oem Blue conc. Went through each one.

As for actual OEM, dealer pricing should be pretty competitive. But you can also order on Amazon via various OEM dealers. I have not seen Pink conc since I got the Red conc for our corolla/avalon before. Pentosin might have it (Pepboys/autozone).

By the way I did find Reochem oem blue conc on amazon. Maybe if you dont find in pepboys or advanceauto.... amazon.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pepboys still does. Different brand now.
I couldnt find Recochem Pink at PepBoys. My impression is that PepBoys is phasing out the Recochem/OEM coolant. I went to the store locator page on the OEM antifreeze site (http://www.oemantifreeze.com/store-locator/), and they don't show PepBoys at all in my region, but just some smaller shops that are further away.

Peak also has an OET coolant that is Red/Pink Extended Life, but I don't think it is equivalent to Toyota Pink because it is also good for the older Toyotas. Plus it is 50/50 diluted.

Advance Auto has both pink and red pentison.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I saw that AdvancedAuto had Pentofrost A4, which is the pink Pentosin. Only 50/50 diluted, so I figure at the price, I could just pay a few dollars more and just go to the dealer and get Toyota Pink.

So far, I've figured I might as well suck it up and go for a little drive to the smaller shops if I really want the concentrate. Or just pay a few more bucks for the dealer pink coolant.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't know but I like buying the 50/50 mix. I know it's a little more than buying the concentrate and diluting it with distilled water but it my mind youre getting a more chemically pure mixture with the 50/50. JMO

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you are doing a distilled water flush, the 50/50 doesn't work, as the resulting percentage with the distilled water remaining in the system will dilute the 50/50 to 25/75. I bought my Reochem Pink concentrate this year on Amazon (all the local PepBoys don't carry it), but I believe I saw it on RockAuto for less since then.

·
3,406 Posts
Concentrate is more cost effective. One gallon concentrate give you two gallons 50/50, and one gallon of distilled water is about $1. Pour half a gallon of water into a clean container for holding, dump half a gallon coolant into the water jug, then dump the half gallon water you decanted back into the coolant jug. Two gallons of 50/50. Pep Boys is selling OEM pink concentrate for $15 right now: Pep Boys OEM brand. 50/50 mixes run in the low $20.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wow. In our local pepboys, OEM brand is not available anymore (been 1 yr now). Its Beck/Arnley and Pentosin.

There is SKU 1853571 asian 50/50 or SKU 1853595 euro conc. I think euro conc has silicates. They do have SKU 1853557 red conc.. If you have the old product number for OEM brand, it does have search results but not orderable.

If using distilled water for the flush, I did that and details here... Just adjust capacity/conc on calculation and you are good to go. Procedure is the same.

Page 2 on https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/coolant-drain-flush-2004-v6-1mz-fe-camry.410203/post-8891417 There is also a DIY thread from hardtopte72 in the 2azfe camry diy section

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Zerex Asian Vehicle coolant at Walmart. Very close to the OEM pink. I have used it in my 04 V6 since it became available with no problems. Wouldn't surprise me to learn Ashland makes the OEM pink for TMC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Donald E George
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing