Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, i am in need of a Bed for my T, i have a 1996 Toyota T100.EXT. Cab, and the bed seems to have gotten alot worse than when i bought it about 8 months ago maybe? the paint is also goin dead on it, and holes rustin through, so i need to find a bed for it before october, then its time for a new paintjob!! i am open to suggestions to as which color to go with, would love to see pictures of a T with a flatbed if you have one also any plans for flatbeds, thanks!

also if you know where a bed is in good shape kinda close to North Carolina, let me know! and if i aint around here for a few days shoot me an email at [email protected]
appreciate all the help ya can give

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is a picture of the truck
as you can see, i used paint to show where the rust on this side was.......not a big problem on that side

however on this side you can see where there are holes rusted through in the back, and also above the wheels there to, the dents are mainly where stuff was leaned against the side, as it was that week...i beleive she is beyond repair, so if ya can help me keep this T100 alive, id appreciate it cause i have been asked numurous times what size V8 it had, lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's not going to be easy. I searched for about a year. The closest I found one was in Colorado... My father in law ended up welding in metal patches. Unfortunately, most of the Ts that have been on the road for any amount of time get rust where yours has it.

The bedsides can be bought for about $700 each from a low priced dealer. If you find yourself unable to find a bed you might get stuck with that $1400 route...

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not i robie, i aint got the money for spendin $1400, i will drive it without a bed and use my grandpas trailer before i am able to spend that much, lol

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
Here's one in NC...

Pickup Bed
Toyota T100 SR5,4x4,WHITE 000 A
0 090053 $500
actual A Plus Auto Salvage USA-NC(Maiden) E-mail 1-828-466-2211

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
...and another!

Pickup Bed
Toyota T100 *4X4, Xtra cab-*WHITE* (NO GATE) LOOK RH **2 A
hrs M062 $850.5
actual Schronce Used Parts USA-NC(Conover) Request_Quote 1-800-222-1046

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey bam, can you show me where ya found those, and also if they have a sight with pictures of them??

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
hey bam, can you show me where ya found those, and also if they have a sight with pictures of them??
I searched through Car-Part (it's a good choice to find out what's close to you) to find those. The website doesn't show any piccies but you may be able to contact the seller to see if they will send you piccies especially if you have to travel some distance. But it's all up to you on what's reasonable... ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Understood. I wasn't about to spend $1400 on just the metal either. When you look at the beds, inspect them very closely for rust starting to bubble through. If it's started at all, it's only a matter of time until it looks like your current bed.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
Actually...I found a 1996 T-100 Xtra cab flatbed in Phoenix going fer about $1800 at the time. It was gold colored...didn't look too bad. Didn't keep the piccies though. Found box trucks made from T-100 regular and Xtra cabs as well... ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i see, i have only seen one T100 with a flatbed that was xtracab, and i didnt much care for it lol. i like the look of a stock bed

·
Registered
238 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hartzy,
When my bed went south one route I considered going was fiberglass bedsides. No one makes a factory match, but there is a company out there that makes only a 2" stretch ('stretched' so that your giant-ass tires can still stuff it). They look pretty tight, and are what you see on the pro trucks. Back when I was looking one manufacturer would sell 'em to me for $350. They don't fit like factory though.

Here's some info on installing stretched bedsides:
http://www.desertrides.com/reference/tacoma_bedside.php

I can't find the link but I did find a guy who made a 2" stretched bedside. 5" would be holey shit too much but I always thought a 2" stretch would look reasonably factory.

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks Robie, but damn, thats in texas, and with pickup only, a lil to far........hey bam, bring me that bed if i buy it, and i will buy ya a keg, lmao

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
That's a nice price... ;) :D

You should come down and git it! :D

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol i would if i had my license, dangit!!!! haha and my T isnt in the condition for that longa roadtrip, she aint been serviced in a while, well i service it daily checkin stuff usually, just cause i love my T100 and wanna keep it goin!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts