Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a '78 Hilux here in Charlotte, NC but am doing a little research first. Does anyone know of websites that sell parts, possibly OEM, for the '78 model. I'd like to know if there are any particular problems or mechanical deficiencies this model has prior to me purchasing the truck? Thanks for any info fellas, I'm having trouble finding any info pertaining to the '78 model. Thanks Again. blakeleyjm

·
Registered
Sans Ride
2 Posts
I used the kragen's site. I would print out the shopping cart and the local kragen stores would price match(the website prices were cheaper) As of late, everything is special order. I have had EVERY piece of mine apart at one time or another. I needed a new fuel pump at 430,000 It took an engine hoist to change the fuel pump. Once you pop the bed bolts, and the bed, access to the gas tank is a breeze. I guess I could have cut an access panel through the bed. (Trucks built in Japan, beds installed in U.S.) My build date was August, so some wearable parts (like Clutch) have two different choices. I put an automatic in instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts