Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, where does one take their car to get a truly quality alignment and what should one expect to pay?

Who is the best alignment shop for any Toyota product, a Toyota dealer?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,950 Posts
Depends, typically the only thing you can really align on a FWD Toyota is only Toe and it is unlikely most places will have Camber or Castor related bolts and other supplies. Just search your area for tuning shops or "fun" body shops and they might have something. Otherwise I know my Caster and Camber are right on the line of being red but it is not enough to be of concern. When you do take your car in for an alignment, do make sure your suspension is in good if not mealy new condition.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would go with Toyota. Their shops here are good: High end equipment. Dedicated alignment person. Latest specs. Familiar with Toyota products. Competitive pricing.... If you can find an alignment only shop, that could be OK... I tend to shy away from a shop that tries to do everything that could have good but not the best equipment or personnel.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Toyota dealer if you want factory settings and done right.

For custom work find a shop that specializes in custom suspension, sit down with them and make it clear what you expect. If they are annoyed by you giving them your own numbers take your money elsewhere. Be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars.. assuming the car is set up with whatever adjustability you require. If it's not expect to come back a second time and pay again.

Wherever you go make sure to get a before and after printout, and check it before you leave. Understand that there are limits to adjustment and you may need special parts to get numbers that are way different than stock.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I prefer using a suspension shop. But it is hard to get a good alignment unless the tires are new. Last time I bought tires at Costco, they recommended a suspension shop to get an alignment done (Costco does not do them) and I got an excellent alignment. They test drove the car 3 times after making minor adjustments to make sure it drove straight.

I am not big on alignment "specifications," because the suspension parts may have bent slightly over time, and the bottom line is how the car drives, not the exact alignment specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts