Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,559 Posts
Some features I like, some are missing but I don't hate it.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
" it can't be helped. "
actually, that's not true. as a person who's worked with computers and software for over 30 years, i can assure you there's a way to fix this - if whomever is responsible for it in the first place, wants to.
tony

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,559 Posts
With how it was before, I found that there was a bit too much information so I found hard to really use anything so I just didn't. Whether this was 2012 or 2017, I didn't make use of anything. With the current look, it is easier on the eyes and that extra bit of information is easier to find. Some of the previous easy bits of information is not an extra step or two but that is not too much of a big deal to me.

Just gotta get used to the new, like Windows 7 to Windows 10.

·
short-throw dipstick
5,969 Posts
Yeah what tony said. Also, in "Light Mode" I can highlight stuff (i.e, to copy or delete) but it doesn't visually highlight it? "It's all about the principle" is a terrible design philosophy for a forum interface.

Although I guess having the "Like" button and "Thanks" did make one kind of superfluous.

Also these new smileys are weird. This one doesn't really look like a nose 👃

And here's what I assume is a Fudgsicle 💄

WTH is this 🧠 mangled Kangol hat?

And finally, here's a tiny oil funnel draining into some fingers 💅

Smileys directed by David Lynch as he was thinking of Eraserhead.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,632 Posts
Some of the staff that have been through the changeover on other forums may chime in, but most of us are just as new as you all are to the appearance and features, so it may take a little time before we can provide more info. Hang tight...we are mostly in the same boat.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just told myself, you'll get used to it, just like every other change in your life.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i get a like button but not a thanks button? i guess i can post to say thanks and that brings up my post count. but the thanks button worked just fine. oh, k...i understand now. that's why it's been changed...cause it was working...duh

1 - 20 of 49 Posts