Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
427 Posts
if there is a way that I can buy my way to ad free status please provide me the instructions how to do it and I'll happily pay for it

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok sfc...went there. and still nothing about getting back to a view that's usable and friendly and 'classic'.
2 pages to tell me there's nothing you mods know how to do to change it to give us different interfaces, which software of this caliber must certainly offer.
don't roll out new software until you know what's in it.
#obamacare
#you-can't-keep-your-interface
tony

·
6,640 Posts
I am pretty sure this is it.
I do not believe there will be "g'ol" option.
I wish there was, but does not look like it.
Pretty much, all of your or similar concerns were already brought up.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,694 Posts
Us Mods have no knowledge of, nor control over, any updates to the forum so we are all in the same learning mode. Best we can do is tell the site admins what we think and request edits.

The Mods and Admins are also chatting about some of these things, so more info may post up from the overall site admins on requests and options. I'll suggest they post up some kind of response to let members know of the options about the classic view (there is a post in the area I linked to about it, but maybe they can address member comments about other sites having a classic mode)

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
923 Posts
This new software sux. Lots of the Canuck-corporate-owned automotive forums have moved to it, and it's crap.
i've read through the "we are now live" XenForo thread and looking at the new features, it's telling that the software is targeting mobile users and re-prioritizing the way ads are showing up. the by product for desktop users is tons of wasted space and dubious advertisement as thread replies. as it is, this is by far the most unpleasant forum layout i've ever used view by a monitor. hopefully other verticalscope sites don't follow suit.

Administrator said:
  • A consistent experience across all devices
  • Speed and reliability are key
  • Easy to use and navigate
  • New Homepage Experience
the dark mode seems to be a nice feature if you aren't already running dark reader extension.

·
Registered
Camry XLE
3 Posts
The 3 Dot menu in the upper right corner, bottom selection. Dark mode at least gives you line breaks so the eye can tell easier what post you are reading.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 XLE-J
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
bmr or sfc, can one of you admins please post a sticky with tedmech's fix in it? it's just for chrome but there's probably an equivalent fix for other browsers.

and, since i don't seem to be able to edit my initial post, can you add this information there also so ppl don't have to sludge through 2 pages of responses to find his fix? thanks much.
tony

·
Super Moderator
12,868 Posts
Done - your first post edited.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reminds me of my power company's new and improved bucket of crap latest upgrade. They improved it so much it's almost worthless now. I'm thinking maybe this is due to the number of smart phone users? Easier to read while walking through walmart? Whatever, if I don't like it I don't have to use it, and so far I'm not liking it. This could be the last time I use it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How do you search only what you want? I don't want to search the "community". Iown a gen4 Camry and that's what I care about.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts