Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
That functionality is gone for now. Hopefully they’ll bring it back soon.

You should follow the threads in the Community Help forum here.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I guess I will get used to to the new look but why? I could read, post, and ad pictures to posts with no problem. What problem or complaints did this change solve? This change must have come at some expense and effort. I would just like to know what problem it solved or what did it improve.

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
They say it was to enhance security, improve speed, and make future upgrades simpler and less problematic.

For me, it is faster in most ways. Of course, having to click more times to do the same function is tiresome. And learning where stuff is is irksome, but that's getting better for me as I get things figured out.

And I'd agree that the old software was about as stable as a cracked egg. The smallest change would break multiple other, seemingly unrelated things. It was so bad, that we (staff) hesitated to ask for the simplest change, knowing that it would likely take months to fix the other broken things.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
and not that it's that big of a deal but how come my 'posts' number isn't incrementing?
also, i wasn't a big fan of being labelled a post whore by the forum software based on the number of posts i have, it was kinda fun to try to see what i was going to be called next. a lot more character than 'registered' to be sure...;-)

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
Huh... I hadn’t noticed that. I’ll see if mine increments with this post. I’m at 12,456 now.

Edit: Yup, it did.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Chrome's Dark Reader Extension makes the new interface considerably less painful FYI!
I don't use Chrome and never will so it's still painful to read after several weeks of being patient.

Note that I haven't posted anything since this change to the forums either.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts