Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that Toyota was suppose to be quality.
I guess I'm just tired of dealing with trying to get tires to balance properly
becuse Toyota has to have lug centric rims, where as most manufactureres have hub centric which makes it much easier to balance. Also there drive
line vibration, seems Toyota never wants to do anything about it, it's
always normal they say.
You have to fight with them for the rear leaf spring TSB.
I know alot of you have had very good luck with your trucks, but mine to me
is of very poor quality for the price you pay for them i think Toytoa should be
doing something. some of these complaints started with the 05 model and you still hear the same isses on the 09. Does Toyota care? I don't think so.
This will be my last Toyota.

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
Bye!

Where's the "quality" issue, btw? You named some things about an uncooperative dealer and lug centric wheels but I don't see a "quality" issue there. Hey, go buy a domestic if you think you'll be better off.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Maybe it is just your vehicle. I've had great experiences with all toyota's. My truck can take a beating and still ride smooth. Almost 5 years with 0 problems so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny he says 'poor quality'. Before I bought mine I tried out Ford, Dodge, Chevy. Then I tried toyota and i have never looked back since. Ford Ranger was cheap but lacked in performance and space in and outside the cab (had the 4.0L). Then I tried the Dodge Dakota (Crew Cab, V8, etc... loaded model) I thought 'Alright V8 in a little truck this is going to be fun!' I was really wrong about that! That thing was slow!!! Next was Chevy with their 'o so wonderful design of only 5 cylinders' That thing doesn't even get better mpg than my V6! Again that truck wasn't bad but lacked in some space, interior was ok.

Toyota I think stole the market! It's not the most expensive 'small' truck on the market but as for as engineering and design! They can't be compared to by the other trucks!

If you don't like your Toyota truck or what ever your vehicle is I would say don't own it. It's not for you. Go buy a dodge....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The Tacoma outsells the Colorado by about 2 to 1.
Blows away the Ranger and Dakota by even more.
Even with Toyota quality going down,the truck is still a much better vehicle than the others in it's class.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
^agreed. they are little things that I can fix myself in my garage.

it's honestly, the dealer network that has much to be desired. They denied warranty work multiple times for me and i just went home and fixed it myself. not worth the hassle fighting them.... i just will never do business with them again.....PERIOD!

·
Registered
1993 Corolla
1 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you are finished with Toyotas. I worked at a Toyota dealer for about ten years as a technician and later in parts and I feel that I can address your concerns about the TSBs with one word: communication. It was my experience that within the dealership there is so poor communication that it makes getting one's concerns delt with quickly next to impossible. Your best bet in my opinion would be to skip the service desk entirely and deal with the service manager directly. Additionally, if you are not happy with the outcome, get in touch with Toyota Canada or USA. One thing is for sure though, chances are that no one within the dealership is talking to anyone and no one <really> cares about your particular concern. That has been my experience though and hope that others have been better off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts