Toyota Nation Forum banner

At MSRP, which 2023 Toyota Venza trim proposes the best value?

• LE

• XLE

• XLE with Star gaze

• Limited

• Limited with Star gaze

Which 2023 Toyota Venza is the best value?

2359 Views 31 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  johara1
At MSRP, and considering all options in modern day vehicles, which 2023 Toyota Venza trim proposes the best value for consumers?

Why?
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2021 Toyota Venza XLE
176 Posts
Value to me is money. Stargaze and the HID pop up are over rated. Save your money since that is what makes the Limited. Don’t go with the LE, I call that “ low end”. Small rims, small radio, not for me. Get the bigger radio. People complain it has no button. The volume and channel changer is on the wheel…. Use it people. I put the AC/heat on auto and I don’t have to touch it. I planned to get a LE trim, had the option of an XLE and couldn’t be happier…. Other than my 2021 had no USBC ports. You won’t have worry about that in a 2023.

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
the best value is always the lowest trim that meets your personal expectation.

However, if you are talking about $ per amenities, the most fully loaded trim has the lowest average cost because to retrofit those options aftermarket can cost 2x or 3x the price if you had just gotten a more optioned trim.

For example, adding ventilated seats can cost up to $3-4k from Katzkin.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the best value is always the lowest trim that meets your personal expectation.

However, if you are talking about $ per amenities, the most fully loaded trim has the lowest average cost because to retrofit those options aftermarket can cost 2x or 3x the price if you had just gotten a more optioned trim.

For example, adding ventilated seats can cost up to $3-4k from Katzkin.
I agree with this however, how does it compare to similar vehicles in the segment?

Reminding people that the Limited has:
  • power passenger seats,
  • heads up display (HUD),
  • premium audio package,
  • ventilated seats,
  • heated steering wheel
  • digital rear view mirror, and
  • fully digital 12 in. multi information display (MID).

XLE cannot be equipped with:
  • MID,
  • ventilated seats,
  • power passenger seats,
  • heated steering wheel
  • digital rear view mirror, or
  • HUD.
  • The premium audio is an option, but costs an extra 500.

I feel most other manufacturers have added the ventilated seats and power passenger seat in most models in the segment.

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
I agree with this however, how does it compare to similar vehicles in the segment?

Reminding people that the Limited has:
  • power passenger seats,
  • heads up display (HUD),
  • premium audio package,
  • ventilated seats,
  • heated steering wheel
  • digital rear view mirror, and
  • fully digital 12 in. multi information display (MID).

XLE cannot be equipped with:
  • MID,
  • ventilated seats,
  • power passenger seats,
  • heated steering wheel
  • digital rear view mirror, or
  • HUD.
  • The premium audio is an option, but costs an extra 500.

I feel most other manufacturers have added the ventilated seats and power passenger seat in most models in the segment.
It's really difficult to find another vehicle to compete with Venza outside of Toyota Lexus if you highly value the drivetrain

I personally value Toyota's hybrid because:

• it has port and direct injection, won't get all gunked up like Honda, Nissan, Mazda who only have direct injection.
  • hybrid transmission is pretty much like a manual transmission, super reliable and tough unlike DCT and AT.
  • electric rear wheel drive eliminates problems with transfer case and propeller shaft.
Thus, I only cross shop Venza with RAV4 Hybrid and Lexus NX350h

well, out of those 3, only Venza made in Japan and I have a superstitious belief that things are made better there, so choice is easy.

I currently have an Alabama made Mazda CX-50 fully loaded with heated steering wheel ventilated seats and all that, about $4k cheaper than a comparably equipped Venza, but boy it's not anywhere near as nice as the Venza, it'll get traded in when the my 2023 Venza arrives.

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
I believe the NX hybrid is made in Japan not Canada but it could change. The best value is the one with the features you want.
I think you're right, I saw an NX turbo made in Canada and assumed all made in Canada, but they have VIN starts with J so nice.

That definitely can change, I remember my friend got a Japan made RAV4 hybrid and now it's just a toss up between Canada and Kentucky

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts
I think you're right, I saw an NX turbo made in Canada and assumed all made in Canada, but they have VIN starts with J so nice.
I think all the gas models are coming from Canada, and Japan is supplying all the Hybrids including PHEV
That definitely can change, I remember my friend got a Japan made RAV4 hybrid and now it's just a toss up between Canada and Kentucky
I've not seen any Canadian made R4Hs on the west coast, VIN is either 4 or J

· Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,225 Posts

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts

· Registered
21 Venza Limited
121 Posts
A path most automakers have gone down is larger rims and less sidewall. Ride suffers. The Honda Pilots with 18” wheels ride much nicer than the upper level Pilots with 20” wheels. The 18” rimmed Honda Ridgelines also ride better than the 20” Pilots.
I almost down traded my 20” 2016 RX350 wheels for the standard 18” - just didn’t because I didn’t like the rim’s looks.
I suspect that the LE Venza rides the best.

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts
A path most automakers have gone down is larger rims and less sidewall. Ride suffers. The Honda Pilots with 18” wheels ride much nicer than the upper level Pilots with 20” wheels. The 18” rimmed Honda Ridgelines also ride better than the 20” Pilots.
I almost down traded my 20” 2016 RX350 wheels for the standard 18” - just didn’t because I didn’t like the rim’s looks.
Unfortunately, that has been the trend. For the RX, technically, you can get any model with the 18s, BUT the majority of the RXs that the dealers carry are ordered with the 20s; the ones equipped with the 18 inch wheels are mostly the base models with minimal factory options, so nowadays, you'd have to 'order' one without the bigger wheels if you can even do so.

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
You can always go aftermarket for better wheels
I ordered a set of 17x7.5 +40mm Volk TE37SL for my future Venza
should be saving around 25lbs at least per corner, and I'm guessing 1-2 mpg better than stock.

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts
You can always go aftermarket for better wheels
I ordered a set of 17x7.5 +40mm Volk TE37SL for my future Venza
should be saving around 25lbs at least per corner, and I'm guessing 1-2 mpg better than stock.
I think most Venza owners would freak out at the price of one TE. RPFs would probably be easier for the wallet to swallow.

· Registered
21 Venza Limited
121 Posts
Unfortunately, that has been the trend. For the RX, technically, you can get any model with the 18s, BUT the majority of the RXs that the dealers carry are ordered with the 20s; the ones equipped with the 18 inch wheels are mostly the base models with minimal factory options, so nowadays, you'd have to 'order' one without the bigger wheels if you can even do so.
And, I ordered one with 20” wheels.🙁

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
I think most Venza owners would freak out at the price of one TE. RPFs would probably be easier for the wallet to swallow.
I've gone that route in the past, but those cast and flow formed wheels depreciate so much and difficult to sell used if I want to upgrade or trade.
TEs have such long lead time and there are always someone willing to pay to get immediately so the cost of ownership isn't that bad, as long as there's no scratch or bent

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts
I've gone that route in the past, but those cast and flow formed wheels depreciate so much and difficult to sell used if I want to upgrade or trade.
TEs have such long lead time and there are always someone willing to pay to get immediately so the cost of ownership isn't that bad, as long as there's no scratch or bent
Indeed, 37s are valuable wheels though IDK if the specs and offset would make the wheel more valuable to non-Venza owners, though perhaps the RAV4 maybe.

· Registered
126 Posts
And there is just some measurable less likelihood of rim damage if you really hit a road crater. Another thing is for every inch larger a given tire is within a tires model range. It's more expensive. So, for example, Michelin x ice snow 18 inch will cost less than an x ice snow in 19 inch size.

· Registered
126 Posts
Personal preference but the LE is the best. I prefer cloth seats, it's the only model now that has the smaller screen with the physical buttons. The 12 inch touchscreen is standard on the XLE in 23. It has 18 instead of 19 inch tires. They've upgraded the LE with the 7 inch dash display and the auto dimming rearview mirror this year. Personally, the only feature I would like to have that (I think it's only in the Limited) is the predictive efficiency control I'm not sure what they call it. It's built into the navigation system. The system learns the terrain you drive on and drains the battery before you enter a stretch of road where it can recover and recharge the battery. This gets some measure more miles per gallon. The digital rearview mirror with the rear camera washer that's on the Limited would be a wonderful thing as well, but is that worth the many thousands more to get the Limited? No. As to the other gimmicks and features the higher models offer, well whatever you like and whatever you want to fork your money over for. Personally no thanks.

Fun fact, looking at the Lexus 350h model, you have to add a $3050+ package to the $43,605 price tag to get the power tilt / telescope steering wheel, and the kick to open tailgate. Both standard on all Venzas.

· Registered
2023 Lexus IS 350
102 Posts
Indeed, 37s are valuable wheels though IDK if the specs and offset would make the wheel more valuable to non-Venza owners, though perhaps the RAV4 maybe.
Yep, it's going to be a very small group of people who are into forged wheel, want lightweight, smaller wheel, more sidewall, and sticking with factory size tires.
Good thing that spec is good also for Camry, RAV4, Corolla Cross, Lexus UX, NX, RX.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts