Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Highlander LE Hybrid AWD - Magnetic Grey
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of shopping new wheel for my Highlander. So I want to know which wheel you bought for your Highlander and which size and if you like them. You can post picture too, it will be really appreciated to have an idea of the look. I have dark grey Highlander.

thank you guys !

Eric

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
471 Posts
People have posted their 18" Replika wheels for winter duty

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of shopping new wheel for my Highlander. So I want to know which wheel you bought for your Highlander and which size and if you like them. You can post picture too, it will be really appreciated to have an idea of the look. I have dark grey Highlander.

thank you guys !

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you :)

·
Registered
2021 Highlander XLE AWD V6 Blizzard Pearl, Black SofTex
78 Posts
Don't you worry about the quality of those replicas? I would not go with some cheap chinese garbage

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you worry about the quality of those replicas? I would not go with some cheap chinese garbage
I'm a little worried about these wheel too. But, the fact is, the vast majority of wheel came from China. I know that OEM Toyota are usually made in USA, but they are way to expensive and hard to find (even more for a Highlander 2020 because its so new). Even the toyota dealer in Canada sell replica wheels. Maybe some ''Replica'' are great and other are garbage. Usually, they must meet the same minimum requirements that OEM ones. So the question is more, do we trust that they really meet theses standards ... well, I think we will never know.

Here what they said about theses wheels :

Quality Control Tests
  • High-resistance paint developed to withstand the roughest winter conditions
  • Radioscopic and radiographic monitoring
  • Leak Air Test (TBL) 100%
  • Balancing
  • Lateral and radial run out
  • Dimensional measurement
  • Salt spray and Cass tests
  • Bending Test (SAE J328, 200.000 cycles)
  • Rim Rolling Test (SAE J328, 1.000.000 cycles)
  • Impact Test (SAE J175)
  • Use of primary alloys with high mechanical properties (AISi7 or AISi10)
  • Heat treatment T6, to optimize the mechanical properties of the metal
Source :

·
Registered
2021 Highlander XSE V6
25 Posts
RWC is a reputable Canadian company. Very popular up here in Canada for winter wheels. They’re made in Taiwan and the model I purchased are part of their Winter collection so the finish is very durable. My mechanic buddy had no issues balancing them.
They’re also direct fit so no messing around with hub rings and different lug nuts and center caps. Some dealerships around here even offer them. OEM wheels are just way too expensive for winter use.

Reactions: ToyoEgos

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RWC is a reputable Canadian company. Very popular up here in Canada for winter wheels. They’re made in Taiwan and the model I purchased are part of their Winter collection so the finish is very durable. My mechanic buddy had no issues balancing them.
They’re also direct fit so no messing around with hub rings and different lug nuts and center caps. Some dealerships around here even offer them. OEM wheels are just way too expensive for winter use.
Yeah for me it will probably be my summer wheel since I have a LE. I was planning to contact RWC to get a copy of their SAE testing ... just to be sure.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander XLE AWD V6 Blizzard Pearl, Black SofTex
78 Posts
I'm a little worried about these wheel too. But, the fact is, the vast majority of wheel came from China. I know that OEM Toyota are usually made in USA, but they are way to expensive and hard to find (even more for a Highlander 2020 because its so new). Even the toyota dealer in Canada sell replica wheels. Maybe some ''Replica'' are great and other are garbage. Usually, they must meet the same minimum requirements that OEM ones. So the question is more, do we trust that they really meet theses standards ... well, I think we will never know.

Here what they said about theses wheels :

Quality Control Tests
  • High-resistance paint developed to withstand the roughest winter conditions
  • Radioscopic and radiographic monitoring
  • Leak Air Test (TBL) 100%
  • Balancing
  • Lateral and radial run out
  • Dimensional measurement
  • Salt spray and Cass tests
  • Bending Test (SAE J328, 200.000 cycles)
  • Rim Rolling Test (SAE J328, 1.000.000 cycles)
  • Impact Test (SAE J175)
  • Use of primary alloys with high mechanical properties (AISi7 or AISi10)
  • Heat treatment T6, to optimize the mechanical properties of the metal
Source :
Well, I do not trust this. I also had issues with OEM VW Dicastal wheels (made in China)
I would prefer buying a reputable brand wheels. And no, not everything is made in China and not everything that is made in China is garbage. But no name replicas usually are not of the great quality
Sounds good. I just never heard of it. Wheels look good too

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, I do not trust this. I also had issues with OEM VW Dicastal wheels (made in China)
I would prefer buying a reputable brand wheels. And no, not everything is made in China and not everything that is made in China is garbage. But no name replicas usually are not of the great quality

Sounds good. I just never heard of it. Wheels look good too
These are "Replika" branded wheels from Fastco, a Canadian company and is widely sold here. Many in Canada have posted positive experiences with Replika brand wheels over the years, particularly in various snow/winter set threads.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are "Replika" branded wheels from Fastco, a Canadian company and is widely sold here. Many in Canada have posted positive experiences with Replika brand wheels over the years, particularly in various snow/winter set threads.
I just talked with the service department of my dealer. They usually sell two "Brand" of replica (well, three if you count the "Replika" brand, which I don't know). It is the DAI and RWC. They carry them for years, more than 10, it seem that they don't had yet an issue with theses wheels. The service manager say that they had a lot of tire burst in potholes, but the rim didn't crack or broke.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fastco seem to carry wheel for major car dealer in Canada. From their linkedin account :

"We are also a proud supplier of branded accessory program wheels for Hyundai Canada, Kia Canada & Mazda Canada. If you’re part of an OEM vehicle group and interested in developing a custom tailored wheel program please do not hesitate to contact us."

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just talked with the service department of my dealer. They usually sell two "Brand" of replica (well, three if you count the "Replika" brand, which I don't know). It is the DAI and RWC. They carry them for years, more than 10, it seem that they don't had yet an issue with theses wheels. The service manager say that they had a lot of tire burst in potholes, but the rim didn't crack or broke.
Yep. "Replika" wheels should not be confused with the "replica" wheels of old when they were cheaply made Chinese knockoffs of oem wheels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep. "Replika" wheels should not be confused with the "replica" wheels of old when they were cheaply made Chinese knockoffs of oem wheels.
Do you know if the DAI/RWC/Replika are from the same manufacturer ? They are all about the same price. This model seem to be great, made for RWC, but don't know if it a "quality" wheel and if it is the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2021 Highlander XSE V6
25 Posts
66.1 center bore is for Nissan/Infiniti .
You would have to adapt it with hub rings if you absolutely had to but I’d avoid it if possible. Get the right size which is 60.1

Reactions: ToyoEgos
1 - 20 of 68 Posts