Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Toyota truck for hauling construction supplies. 4x8 plywood and drywall is the benchmark as to which model to buy. Need something that has enough width between the wheel wells to be able to carry 4x8's flat. I know the Tundra is big enough but would prefer something a bit smaller and cheaper. Would a T100 or Tacoma fit this? It will be a used truck not new so older models is ok.
Peter S

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
490 Posts
T100 works; don't know about the Tacoma.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Tundra will do the trick or wait for the new Tacoma it will fit in as well. The old Tacoma has a smaller bed and will not fit 4x8 sheet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've since looked at cuurent and older Tacoma's. They are way too small. Especially the crewcab or whatever its called that has 4 doors. The bed is barely big enough for a fridge.
I read about T100's having a 49.2" space between the wheel wells and they all have a V6. Since they are older they are more affordable for me too.
Peter S

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
490 Posts
"they all have a V6."

2wd models were available in '94 with a 4-banger. Don't know about later years.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
just a thought or idea, when i have to haul something wider than the wheel wells, i lay a foam board that levels everything so the bed it flat from the height of the wells. this probably isn't practicle for your use, but i thought i would throw it out there anyways. anyway you go and get a toyota, you'll be sitting pretty in the reliability department, thats for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about making a rack of sorts either horizontal over the wells to hold drywall flat, or even verticle which actually would be better as it would leave room for other things in the bed. Need something practical as it won't be in constant use for this sort of thing but if I'm gonna get a truck it needs to hold this easy.

Are they rare or common is a T100 in 4x4 form? What cab types were available, and common to find? Did they all have AC?

I've had a couple Toyota's already and was very pleased overall. Also had 3 Acuras and 5 BMW's over the years and all of these gave good service and fun. Don't ask me about the Italian cars I've had!
eter S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts