Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Fellow Toyota Fans.

So I am thinking of trading in my 2016 Camry SE for a new one. I want power seats for both driver and passenger, a rear view mirrow that incorprates a compass or a compass incorprated somewhere on the dash without having to add on one, and a factory installed remote start that can be operated from a smart phone -those are my must haves.

The one item I do not want is a glass roof, I like just a plain all metal roof like my current SE model. Anyone have a suggestion on which model has what I want, XSE, XLE, SE, would like to save the endless conversations with sales people that will try to convince me why I need something other than what I want. Is there a Camry model that will fit my needs, or do I need to go to another model or brand? Thanks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
All you have to do is go to the Toyota website and build what you're looking for to see what's available. That will answer all your questions as to what options come with what.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
So we went with an xse. There is an app for remote start but it’s 8 bucks a month after the trial period which I think is 3 months. The xse cars or push button start one kinda has a factory remote starter already but pushing the lock button twice and then holding it down a few seconds. I’m not sure on its range tho.

And to be honest I haven’t noticed a compass, but when the phone is plugged in there is a compass with waze.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks toycamxse, thought of that, been trying that for a couple of hours, the problem being that things like compass and remote start with smartphone capability seem to be hidden inside certain packages, and not real clear which models can be had with certain packages, etc, and which models can be had "without" sunroof or glass roof. Thanks anyway, was hoping some of our Toyota experts would be able to help me navigate to the correct model.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks toycamxse, thought of that, been trying that for a couple of hours, the problem being that things like compass and remote start with smartphone capability seem to be hidden inside certain packages, and not real clear which models can be had with certain packages, etc, and which models can be had "without" sunroof or glass roof. Thanks anyway, was hoping some of our Toyota experts would be able to help me navigate to the correct model.
You're going to want the XSE or XLE trim level

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info baggerben, very helpful info. I would not mind spending the bucks on the monthly charge to get what I want in the way of the smartphone operated remote start. Would you know if it is possible to get an XSE with no glass roof, all the XSEs I saw at the dealer all had the glass roof? I know glass roofs and sunroofs are a popular thinng with a lot of people, I just prefer plain metal roofs.

·
1,624 Posts
https://www.toyota.com/camry/ebrochure/

You can see which trim has which features.

2019 XSE and XLE 4cyl should have what you need. SE only has power adjustable seats for the driver side not passenger. The V6 has the panoramic moon roof which is standard while the 4cyl is optional. It has the auto dimming mirror with compass or opt for the navigation and you can get the compass on the gauge cluster as well. Comes with smart key system. Push Start and remote connect to start the car with the remote connect app.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://www.toyota.com/camry/ebrochure/

You can see which trim has which features.

2019 XSE and XLE 4cyl should have what you need. SE only has power adjustable seats for the driver side not passenger. The V6 has the panoramic moon roof which is standard while the 4cyl is optional. It has the auto dimming mirror with compass or opt for the navigation and you can get the compass on the gauge cluster as well. Comes with smart key system.
Have not seen an XLE yet, does that have the glass roof like the XSE?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just a quick note that all Camrys do have standard manual fully adjustable passenger seat including height. We needed the height adjuster but we ended up with power seats driver and passenger anyhow on the XSE. Also you should check dealer inventory to see if there is something without the moonroof. We ended up with one because it was on all the xse in stock, but there are things I would rather have. Also some do not like having the 19 inch wheels on the xse including me but i hope they work out. The compass is nice but i think it comes with the V6 and/or the JBL system. Ours has the mirror with garage door opener and auto dimming but no compass. We had a pretty knowledgeable salesman but wish we did more research in advance. We basically wanted the sport suspension and the red leather.
Best of luck

·
straight cash homie
18,818 Posts
I'm willing to bet that most XLE and XSE 4 cylinders are probably spec'd with a moonroof (my preference personally, but's just me), so either get lucky or you'd have to ask the dealer (trade, or special order). I think you'd probably would prefer the XLE because it rides softer than the XSE with its 19s.

·
1,624 Posts
The compass is nice but i think it comes with the V6 and/or the JBL system. Ours has the mirror with garage door opener and auto dimming but no compass.
I was looking at video reviews on youtube and saw one 2019 xse 4 cyl with panoramic moon roof with navigation and jbl but didn't have the compass. The second was a 2018 xse 4cyl with the base entune but came with the auto dimming mirror with compass.

This is 2018 xse 4cyl with base entune that has the compass on the mirror.
[ame]https://youtu.be/3OrEu068qe0?t=297[/ame] and another video on a 2018 xse 4cyl with audio plus with compass. [ame]https://youtu.be/VVRFswu2te0?t=518[/ame]

This is the 2019 xse 4cyl with navigation/jbl panoramic moon roof without the compass.
[ame]https://youtu.be/6lWBhnSPDxU?t=308[/ame]

Did Toyota remove it as a standard on the 2019 or a dealership add on? Don't know. Mine came with the compass but i switched it to the frameless mirror that the 2019 avalon touring has. If i ever need to know what direction I am going I can just boot up google maps or waze. It has a compass on the maps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have a new 2019 XLE and very delighted with the features over the 2016 we had in the past.

We are always surprised with the upgrades Toyota adds each three years we lease our vehicles.

I do not go into the technical aspects like other drivers but want a descent working and reliable car to service me.

It's be reliable since February and like all the operations of the car.

One item I do miss is the Sun Roof but with the new design and cost, I can do without it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So in diving into this in detail I have found that while most sales people seem to mean well, they just do not have a great deal of knowldege about the new options that have come out. In case anyone else is interested, I have found by my own research that in order to get the capability to control by iphone remote start/stop, lock/unlock, etc, you need what is called "Remote Connect" which is not a stand alone option but rather which seems to be part of some, but not all, of the Entune packages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More questions for those of you that have the Entune option, looking at a 2019 Camry XSE with, accordiing to the window sticker, Entune 3.0 with app suite. Have a few questions-

Will that Entune option provide all of the following from a smartphone:
1. Remote Start ?
2. Lock/unlock doors?
3. Ability to activate the horn beep alarm, say to scare someone away or help you find your car in a large parking lot, either directly making it beep, or by setting an option to have the horn beep when you lock the car and hitting the car lock setting on the smartphone?

Thank you.

·
1,624 Posts
1. Remote Start ?
2. Lock/unlock doors?
3. Ability to activate the horn beep alarm, say to scare someone away or help you find your car in a large parking lot, either directly making it beep, or by setting an option to have the horn beep when you lock the car and hitting the car lock setting on the smartphone?
Thank you.
In the USA
1. Only audio plus and premium have remote start.
2. via remote connect app? yes with audio plus and premium only. Via key? both smart key and non smart key can unlock and lock.
3. Both smart key and non smart key have the panic button.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts