Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
I am not sure what the one on my gen 3 was, since I bought it used. I think it was a CC... the clearcoat peeled. I think no matter what, I would have it recleared when you get it just to be safe. I think someone on solara guy had terrible fitment with a carbon creations hood... Im sure others will chime in.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Peeling!:eek: Thought they used gel clearcoat on the hoods!:eek: Gonna go with vis then, Will Take yellow before peel, thanks guys for input.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
iv got ViS. no issues with clear coat, maybe alittle yellowing.
yours was from the original group buy with the invader style hoods just like mine!... :) gotta love the old days.. :)

unfortunately, i couldnt give that great of a review.. i never really had mine out of the garage for more than a few weeks... the fitment was not bad though...

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
My VIS one started to looks like shit after about 18 months. It looks like someone threw a glass of milk at my hood.

·
vL
92 Toyota Camry
849 Posts
My VIS one started to looks like shit after about 18 months. It looks like someone threw a glass of milk at my hood.
same here too. my shit looks ugly once the white stuff comes on. its removable but at the same time returnable. im thinking it might be from the heat of the engine. im trying to solve this problem by having hood spacer. hopefully it works.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
same here too. my shit looks ugly once the white stuff comes on. its removable but at the same time returnable. im thinking it might be from the heat of the engine. im trying to solve this problem by having hood spacer. hopefully it works.
Same here. I had a guy get most of it out and return it to almost new by cutting into the gel coat and buffing/polishing it, but it's slowly returning back to the crappy look. I haven't put the fire liner back on so that's probably why I sped up the process.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
I am not sure what the one on my gen 3 was, since I bought it used. I think it was a CC... the clearcoat peeled. I think no matter what, I would have it recleared when you get it just to be safe. I think someone on solara guy had terrible fitment with a carbon creations hood... Im sure others will chime in.

tell me about it :lol:

I can't wait until I get home and get my damn car repainted :headbang:

·
Registered
97 camry
240 Posts
I would stay away from VIS products, they are terrible since the epoxy resin they use tends to yellow not to mention the actual carbon fiber weave itself being cheap. Mas production + cheap materials = crappy products. VIS doesnt compare to the other major manufactures (Seibon, APR, Veilside, ect...) since most of theres are made to order and dont sit on a shelf for years on end.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
Mas production + cheap materials = crappy products. VIS doesnt compare to the other major manufactures (Seibon, APR, Veilside, ect...).
the big question though is do any of thoes companies make a gen3 hood? ive never seen any of them advertise gen3 hoods. in most cases we have to use what is avalible.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Buy the cheapest one u can find from ebay, primer paint it, and wrap with CF vinyl.

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
they all suck. you have to get the hood recleared after you buy it otherwise they will all become discolored.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Remember that afterall, it's still after market bodykits. Fitment is a hit or miss.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts