Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to wire a piggyback (gen4 1mz-fe)

***I spoke with AEM and they said that because our cam/crank position sensor's grounds are spliced, DO NOT use the cam/crank position sensor negative out (AEM FIC harness). Tie the cam/crank position sensor negative IN (AEM FIC harness) together and tap the cam/crank position sensor's common ground wire that goes into the ECU.

**** This is the common ground shared by some of the sensors.

Connector A = E7
Connector B = E8
Connector C = E9
Connector D = E10

Crank Position Sensor (Magnetic) [+] = D16 (B/R)
Crank Position Sensor (Magnetic) [-] = D24 (L)***

Cam Position Sensor (Magnetic) [+] = E10 (B/W)
Cam Position Sensor (Magnetic) [-] = D24 (L)***

Mass Air Flow Sensor [Signal] = D10 (P)

Fuel Injector 1 [Signal] = D5 (L)
Fuel Injector 2 [Signal] = D6 (R)
Fuel Injector 3 [Signal] = E1 (Y)
Fuel Injector 4 [Signal] = E2 (W)
Fuel Injector 5 [Signal] = E3 (R/L)
Fuel Injector 6 [Signal] = E4 (G)

Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 [Signal] = D11 (W) REMEMBER THE 1KOHM RESISTOR
Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 [Signal] = D12 (B) REMEMBER THE 1KOHM RESISTOR

+12 VDC = A16 (R)

Throttle Position Sensor [Signal] = D23 (L)

Power Ground = E30
Power Ground = E31
Signal Ground = D18****
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone can teach me how to read this wiring diagram haha. I basically need the pinouts of the connector. For example I need the connector/pin number for sensors such as the cam/crank/maf, etc.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dfung/temp/1mz-fe Engine Control.pdf

Thanks,
d

·
Turbo Snail
5,300 Posts
its pretty easy to read them.. One the outside of the pictures, you need to pretty much connect the squiggly lines. Thats just saying it Continues on another page. So each page would essentially be Linked together. If you were to be able to print out every page on the diagram, you could piece all the pages together like a puzzle and see where each wire goes. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
CTRL + F and type in the sensor you're looking for (aka cam position sensor) and you'll see a letter, number, and a wire. The wire in this case is B - W (black with white stripe) and goes to connector E position 10 on the ECU. So, unplug the connectors from the ECU, find connecter E, and then find the 10th wire that should be black and white and there's that wire.

Repeat for all wires needed. This is how I wired up the SAFC.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys =]

hey how come theres only one camshaft position sensor ?
shouldn't a v6 have 2 camshaft position sensors ?

also, which o2 sensor does the ecu use for closed loop ? i have a Heated Oxygen Sensor bank1sensor1, bank1sensor2, and bank2sensor1....
or does it use the 'air fuel ratio sensor' ? there is an Air Fuel Ratio Sensor bank1sensor1 and a bank2sensor1....

sorry, one more question. the ground for the MAF seems to be d19. but which one is the signal ? is it d10 or d22 ?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i figured it out:

the air fuel ratio sensors are wideband sensors. they replace the heated oxygen sensors (narrowband) in cali cars. cali cars use wideband, everything else use narrowband. now thats figured out.

bank1sensor1 and bank2sensor1 are on the headers. bank1sensor2 and bank2sensor2 are after the cat. since we dont have dual exhaust, we only have one o2 sensor downstream of the cat. therefore it is bank1sensor2.

i will tap bank1sensor1 and bank2sensor1 for my piggyback.

Now one more question remain. According to my wiring diagram, which ECU pins would be best to tap for the 2 FIC power grounds and 1 FIC signal ground ?

Thanks,
d

·
抵抗は無駄で&#
9,079 Posts
does this piggyback work well for gen4 1mz-fe ECU?

I'm just curious, how is your setup with M62 S/C doing over there, what AFR you getting and so on? how is it going man anyways? :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
hello can anyone help me w this to understand, i have a 1mz mr2 spyder with the 1mz ecu
So do you have a specific question? If you're looking for someone to create you a harness, contact WireGap, Inc. - they do a lot of wiring harnesses for all sorts of MR2 swaps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
slavie
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing